“A warm welcome”

Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Coogee
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I commend Coogee Sands Hotel as an excellent choice for travellers. The facilities were clean and attractive and the staff were welcoming, kind and helpful. The location of the hotel was an added bonus - it was delightful to be able to walk from the door to the beach, and to explore the many cafes within walking distance. The availability of undercover parking made transportation simple. I was very blessed, in particular, by the attitude and manner of staff at the hotel during my stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Hi Alison,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. It is great to hear such positive feedback about our staff and facilities. I have passed your thoughts onto our team and congratulated them on making such a positive impact on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed in room 320 situated on the third floor. The room was very clean and had a microwave/ small kitchenette, large room with king bed, a lounge, table and foxtel tv. Bathroom quite small however very clean and fine for a couple. The hotel is situated right on Coogee beach and although it is very busy at times at Coogee the rooms are very quiet. Staff were very friendly and another bonus parking was on site, secure and free. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the eastern suburbs on the beach at a reasonable price!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Sarah,

Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Coogee Sands experience and have forwarded your positive feedback on to our team.

I was pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and location of the hotel. Coogee is one of Sydney's most popular beaches and can get very busy, however due to our location and structure our hotel is relatively quiet and generally not affected by noise.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is now the third time I have stayed at Coogee Sands, and each time I like it better. As an former resident of Sydney's east, I've always had a soft spot for the Coogee.

One of the things I like about the Coogee Sands (apart from the location, of course) is that it has no pretentions. What you see is what you get. The Coogee Sands is modest, but the staff are helpful, the rooms are a good size and clean, and the bed is comfortable. The minibar is really well stocked - and at very reasonable prices (after all, you could just nip out on to the main street to buy a bag of chips, a couple of beers or a bottle of wine!).

I must also mention that my husband's favourite feature is the undercover, secure parking that is provided at no additional cost and with no stuffing around with valet parking. We just park the car when we arrive, and if we're going into the city make the most of the frequent bus service available just a stone's throw away.

We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor room and you should get a view of Coogee Bay in all its glory
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
coogeesands, Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Beanthere189,

What a pleasant review! Thank you for your wonderful feedback and loyal patronage of Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments. Our staff were delighted to read your comments.

I thank you for pointing out our quality of services in all areas of the hotel. Our main objective is to look after all of our guests, offering them our undivided attention, and I’m pleased to see that both our service and facilities coupled with location have found you to be a regular guest of Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments.

Indeed, our complimentary car park is very convenient and an additional bonus for guests. I am also happy to hear that you and your husband take advantage of the consistent and economical buses which are located only metres away.

Once again, thank you for your loyalty and please do contact me directly when booking your next visit as I would very much enjoy welcoming you back.

Managing Director

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at the motel for 7 nights during school holidays while we took the kids to Sydney to do the touristy things. The location was great, the staff was friendly and mostly helpful (could do with some training on what best value bus ticket to buy, but we managed).

The room is limited in its configuration and not designed for family travel. We travelled as a family and specifically requested a “twin beds” when I made the booking, when we got there the room setup was queen and folding sofa bed so the kids had to share a bed.

On the first night we were there, the fan in the bathroom was noisy and stopped working the next morning, so when you had a shower the whole bedroom filled with steam and had to open the window to let the steam out. I put a request in the next day for it to be looked at and another 2 days later, when we left the fan still had not been repaired.

The pillows were terrible and I think designed to look good rather than be slept on, after going in to trip advisor to rate Coogee Sands, I noticed many other complaints over the previous months about them. I think the management has just paid lip service to these complaints and has not acted on these complaints

They had a sign in the bathroom (I’m sure most people have seen it about saving the planet by hanging the towels up, put the dirty ones in the bath ) the words are a bit clunky, but appeals to our sense of social (and environmental) justice. Yes, washing towels needlessly is a waste of resources .

So, I hung the clean ones up after each use to dry, and perhaps one would end up in the bath because it was dirty. Every day all the towels were replaced. One day I was leaving the room when they serviced it and watched in amazement as the cleaner even took all the towels including the clean unused towel off the rack and put it in the laundry bag, to be washed. The hotel management don’t care about saving the planet!

So, I judge the hotel and its leadership. They don’t care about its customers, pay lip service to complaints don’t act on maintenance requests and don’t care about saving the planet .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
coogeesands, Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I’m so pleased that you liked the friendliness of our staff and our fabulous location. All of our staff do their best to ensure that they are up to date with Sydney transport pricing and routes, and due to the wide variety of destinations guests travel to, there will be occasions when our team will refer you onto the ticket suppliers who will be able to assist further. We will always do our best to provide our guests with as much information as possible regarding every request we receive.
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your room during your stay. However, after checking your booking, I can see that you were in fact allocated a split king room and not a queen as you suggested. All of our studio rooms consist of either a split king or a queen bed plus a double pull out sofa bed as stated on our website. May I recommend that for your next stay you request a rollway bed in addition to the sofa as this will ensure your children can sleep separately.

In relation to the fan in your bathroom, I spoke with our maintenance manager and checked our maintenance log book and I can confirm that we did receive both complaints, one on the 26th and then on the 29th. Both times the exhaust fan was attended to and was found to be in good working order. It was looked at again this morning after reading your review and was found to be in perfect working order which leaves me puzzled as to why it wasn’t operating when you tried to use it.

I apologise that the pillow comfort was below your expectations. As I’ve meantioned in previous comments regarding pillow comfort, we do have a Pillow Menu in the compendium. I advise that you ask Reception for your preferred pillow type next time you stay, so we can try to ensure you a better night’s sleep.

Whilst maintaining the five star services our guests have come to expect, it is indeed hotel policy to only replace towels that are not hung on the towel racks and as a result of your feedback I will make adjustments to the signage to ensure this is explained clearer. After speaking with the housemaid who attended to your room, it was brought to my attention that she noticed a stain on the clean towel hanging (may have been used as a hand towel) which is why she put it in the laundry bag. Our hotel and its staff most certainly care about the planet and its environment and we take pleasure in conserving water when possible.

We take all of our guest comments seriously and do our best to resolve any problems that may arise. In saying that, I would like to clarify that all of the team here at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments take great pride and care in offering all of our guests the best Customer Service and we apologise that we fell short on this occasion.

We very much appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually review and improve our service and facilities. I do hope that you will give us the benefit of a return in the near future to really experience the great service we are famous for at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 3, 2012

It was a large-ish family trip to Sydney for Cirque du Soleil's OVO and we booked Courtyard rooms at the Coogee Sands Hotel: my husband, daughter, grandson, sister and her husband.
We have stayed at hotels all over the world, but the Coogee Sands management and staff are by far unparalleled in friendliness, helpfulness, professionalism, cheerfulness and care for their guests. The wonderful ocean view and proximity to Coogee Beach - just outside the hotel door - are just a few of the bonuses you get.
My entire family would go back there anytime for that great "feel-good" experience.
Thanks Coogee Sands Hotel for making our stay a very pleasant experience.

Palis-Hayes from Canberra, Australia

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms are quite nice, but of course, the Ocean view rooms are great. Just let Receptio...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Palis-Hayes,

It is so pleasant to read such positive feedback as yours. Thank you! The Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments Team and I are very grateful for your excellent feedback.

Indeed, the staff here have a true passion for their work and guests. All of the staff always try to exceed our guests expectation and your words have served as an encouragement to keep on providing such high standard of services.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

There is something special about this accommodation. The room was very roomy and the little courtyard with table and chairs was lovely. The staff were really helpful. I have stayed in many of the big name hotels in sydney and in other places in the world but this hotel just had a fantastic peaceful feel. Right next to the beach and heaps of restaurants and cafes. Spring saver was great. A bottle of wine chocs and free breaky. The breaky was basic but you could upgrade. Free parking and the buses a few hundred meters away can take u anywhere if you want a break from driving in the city. Perfect place to stay while visiting kids at UNSW - you get a bit of a holiday thrown in as well. Don't be put off by negative reviews. It was great

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Kimally,

What a lovely review! Our team love to read such positive feedback about Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments and we are thankful for your kind words.

We always try to create a friendly home away from home atmosphere in the hotel and I was delighted that we met your expectations in all departments. I was also pleased to see that you took advantage of our Super Spring Saver.

Please do not hesitate to let me know when you next plan a trip to Sydney as I would very much enjoy welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband thought I had definitely picked a winner, best location ever and clean and great view. Loved the small touches from the room attendants... sitting the bears up on the bed together thrilled my daughter. Bed was one of the biggest king size and most comfortable I had ever stayed in. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Ann-Maree,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear that you were thrilled with the location and service during your recent stay at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments. Our daily main concern is to look after our guests, offering them our undivided attention, and I can tell that we have reached our aim.

I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again soon.

Tracy Whitelaw

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coogee
Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney
Dive Hotel
#4 of 6 in Coogee
Bondi Beach
Adina Apartment Hotel Bondi Beach

Been to Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!