“Highly Recommended”

Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Coogee
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Coogee Sands last week and we had a brilliant time. I booked a Super Spring Package and was upgraded from a deluxe studio to a room with a private courtyard. We were also given a complimentary breakfast and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival! Our room was really tidy and well epuipped with everything we needed, my favourite thing was having a kitcheneete so we could make a cup of coffee in the morning. The location is amazing, just 20 metres away from the beach; with bus stops,shops and cafes all within five minutes walking distance! The staff were also wonderful, reception is open 24 hours and everyone was so helpful, providing my husband and I with a map, bus timetables and general information about the local area. I would highly recommend this hotel to others and have already to many friends who have also enjoyed their stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Malakey,

Thank you for your kind review.

I was delighted to read that you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments. I am happy to see that you took advantage of our Super Spring Special and were upgraded to a courtyard room. We agree with you that the location is perfect; beachfront, surrounded by cafes & shops, and plenty of transport.

The reception team are consistently praised for their high standard of service, I’ll pass on this positive feedback. Thank you again for your review, and I hope to welcome you and your husband back to the Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments in the near future.

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent our anniversary at the Coogee Sands Hotel in August and had a fantastic stay. The staff were very friendly and made our stay extra special. On arrival we were upgraded to an ocean view apartment, we entered our room to find complementary wine and chocolates waiting for us, along with a breathtaking views. Along with the amazing view, the room was clean and spacious. We enjoyed the day relaxing on the beach (which is literally at the door step) and went to a delicious restaurant for dinner which was recommended by the helpful staff. Check out was very efficient and sad as I didn't want to leave. I look forward to returning to the Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Jess,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you and your boyfriend had a fantastic time at the Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments.

The staff was very pleased to hear that they helped make your anniversary extra special, as they pride themselves on providing only the best service and standards to our guests.

We have to agree with you on the view; we are consistently praised about our wonderful outlook over the popular Coogee Beach. I hope you had the chance to enjoy the sunshine and panoramic view from our sun deck up on the 5th floor.

Once again, thank you for the lovely review and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed at the Sands recently for a work conference and loved it.

Conference room was adequate and roomy enough with everything we needed. The food was yummy and was served at all breaks right on time. We all made our way to the roof top sun deck for lunch and view left me speechless, which I might add is very hard to do. We were served our tea, coffee and juice, while taking in the amazing view of Coogee Beach, who could ask for more.

The Studio I checked into was neat, very clean and again, I wanted for nothing.

Check in and out was quick and efficient and the staff always go above and beyond. Do you need a taxi, would you like to leave your luggage, do you want an umbrella, have you got a map. I think you get the picture.

Can’t wait for next years workshop so I can re visit that unforgettable view.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Edward,

thank you for your wonderful review. It is always lovely to hear our guests are happy with their overall stay. Our studios are very well appointed and we do take pride in our house keeping services. I was pleased to see that our reception team were able to assist you and made such a positive impact during your stay.

We do hope to welcome you back to Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had a three day professional workshop for 28 people last weekend, so I won't be commenting on the rooms but Coogee Sands as a conference venue. The interstate request was for a Sydney beach location and I believe that we all had a beach-side experience. I was not going to subject interstate participants to the very long taxi trip to take them to Manly or anywhere on the north side.

With 28 people in class room style the windowless conference room was pushed to capacity. That room is all about the work. But every morning, lunch and afternoon break we would take our goodies out on to the roof and there you are - the glorious panorama of Coogee beach right in front of you. The staff are courteous, prompt and carry out their duties without fuss. If you want to have a treat contact Claudine the function manager at Barzura, a great walk along the beach to the other side for a confernece dinner. So if the numbers match the capacity (say 24 in classroom style), it has everything you need: room for work, roof to breathe, beach to walk on, and plenty of cafes and restaurants to enjoy the Coogee beach village vibe.

I also considered Coogee Crowne Plaza, also rated highly on tripadviser, but the tediousness of being routed through a complex corporate booking sytem geared only to selling you a room, finally leaving a message with the function people and then not receiving a response killed my enthusiasm pretty quickly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear DghausRiley,

What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking your time to share this.

I was happy to read your review and note that Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments suited your conference needs! The view from our roof top is indeed spectacular and has to be seen to be believed.

Thank you for your kind words in regards to the staff! It is our aim to consistently provide a high level of personalised customer service and I was glad to see they made an impact on your stay. Your feedback has been passed onto the team!

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we do hope to welcome you back one day!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Comfortable, friendly apartments right on Coogee beach. Only a 20 minute bus ride to the CBD. A magnificent full breakfast was included in the rate, along with free undercover parking (although space not guaranteed). We've stayed before and will do so again. Staff were very helpful and knowledgable about transport and things to see and do.

Some good local restaurants a short walk away. Both times we stayed our apartments overlooked the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment overlooking the beach and above the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
coogeesands, General Manager at Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear David,

Thank you for your recent feedback and loyal patronage. The location and view at Coogee is quite spectacular and worthy of a return visit. I was thrilled to see that we again provided great service and hope to welcome you back to Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Its got a good location, and there is nothing particularly wrong with it but I don't really look back on Coogee Sands with any great fond memories.

That said, there are a lot worse places you can stay, so if you do stay I'm sure you will have a pleasant enough time.

A range of buses leave from very close to the hotel into the city and of course it is right next to the start of the excellent Coogee-Bondi coastal walk.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Waddler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I was pleased to see that you were happy with our location and your overall stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments,

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Coogee beach is great. Nice for walking around, hotel location very good. Have stayed a number of times before when flying using a hire car to get to Sydney.

Rating suffered this time due to elevator being out of action.... Reception staff very good and offered to carry luggage. Stayed in room facing a wall. But we were just wanting a sleep before an early flight so no problem for us.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Adam,

Thank you for your review.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that you may have suffered due to the mechanical issues we experienced with our lift recently. I am pleased that our staff were able to off set this displeasure with great service and you will be pleased to know that plans are underway to replace the lift early next year.

I was happy to note that you took advantage of our Park, Stay and Fly package, a popular choice for many of our guests.

Again, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that you may have received during your recent stay and I hope it hasn’t detoured you from staying with us in the future.

Tracy Whitelaw

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coogee
Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney
Dive Hotel
#4 of 6 in Coogee
Bondi Beach
Adina Apartment Hotel Bondi Beach Sydney

Been to Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!