“Filthy.”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Coogee
Byron Bay
“Filthy.”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

It has taken me a while to write this review as I do not normally write reviews but feel this needs to be said.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment and were appalled at how filthy the apartment was. The couch and armchairs had dirty stains all over them. There were marks on the walls and the balcony was covered in dirt and mud.

There were cockroaches on the curtains.

Woke up in the middle of the night with the bed side lamp flickering which then shot a spark from the socket.

We will not be returning to the Adina in Coogee in a hurry and will also be letting our friends know that their money would be better spent elsewhere.

1 Thank Sarah C
Jessica S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Sarah C,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.

I am sorry your stay was disappointing and does not reflect on our usual high standards. I would like to discuss your stay further and find out some more information so please contact me directly on (02) 9578 6000 or jsheridan@adinahotels.com.au I look forward to hearing from you.

Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Canberra
Reviewed April 7, 2014

awesome staff, very helpful, very knowledgeable. have stayed here for the past 4 years and have had the best service always.
The staff have gone out of the way to accommodate myself and my guests with every request and always done so with a smile on their face. would recommend Adina Coogee to all of my friends and family.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Bronwyn D,

I am thrilled to read that you continue to find our team accommodating, very helpful & knowledgeable. I will ensure your comments are shared with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee on your next stay!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2014

with easy proximity to the Prince of Wales Hospital & Coogee's wonderful & atmospheric cafes & beaches, these apartments are immaculately clean & have wonderful front desk staff. The bed is of great comfort; the kitchenette works well; the bathroom amenities are plentiful. The health & fitness is secure from public entry & well attended to.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Maureen D,

On behalf of the team at Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased to read that you have found our rooms to be immaculately clean, with comfortable beds, and our front desk team to be wonderful. I will ensure your comments are shared with our team.

Cuballing
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Not worth half the money I paid. Traffic noise was terrible, Bathrooms had mildew. Had to ask for clean towels TV didn't work for most of our stay
Carpet was filthy, needs a good clean Beds too soft!!!

Dear Eva H,

Yass
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Nice hotel, great location close to Coogee beach and cafes, parking has daily charge, shower was average - hard to adjust and small, a bit of a maze to find the lifts, staff were very friendly and helpful

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear K R,

On behalf of the team at Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased to read that you found our front desk team to be friendly & helpful and also enjoyed our great location. Please feel free to request a room near the lifts on your next stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee in the near future!

Gosport
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I would request all the food and drink be removed from rooms. It is very expensive, especially with shops over the road. The fridge was so full of drink, I had very little room to put my purchases. Washing up liquid towels etc great. Thank you

Dear Robert H,

On behalf of the team at Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. On your next stay please feel free to contact reception to have your mini bar removed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee, and providing you with a comfortable and relaxing stay.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My room was on the ground floor, with no cellular signal whatsoever! I could not make calls and could not use internet from my cell phone either. There were no electricity power points in the room either. To charge my phone I had to take it to the kitchenette, which is not handy at all when you need to sleep and need to set the alarm. The room was too small and the curtains too dirty! And surprisingly this is one of the most expensive hotels in the area! For the same price, I will go to another nearby hotel next time, as there are many options in coogee!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Frequenttt Traveller,

Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coogee
Coogee
Travelodge Hotel Sydney
#98 of 178 in Sydney
Central Business District
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee? Share your experiences!