“Completely hated my stay here”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Coogee
Singapore, Singapore
“Completely hated my stay here”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I'll just break the following down in point form for the sake of all readers:

- The front desk receptionists was a horrible blonde lady who was absolutely lacking in terms of charm and warmth. Upon checking in, we already knew we would have a hard time as she hardly cracked that frown of us. While checking out, she basically tossed our change on the table for no reason. We had zero interaction with her, and were very rudely surprised by her behaviour.

- For $200, I got a room in the basement with no natural light - it looked like a prison cell. No complimentary water either, so please come prepared.

- The toilet was the size of a cereal box. I am relatively petite, and to think I had to squeeze myself against the wall whenever I wanted to close the door, was ridiculous!

- There were stains on the pillows which we didn't bother changing, because the front desk were already so unhelpful when we were seeking help for the wifi

- I don't harp on cable tv during holidays, but there were actually ZERO free-to-air channels on the telly. You have to pay to watch something on the telly. Ridiculous. It was bad enough that my partner and I had to coop up in the cold (no heater) room at the end of the day, but there was no television drowning out the silence in the prison cell of a hotel room.

Honestly, if you want a better stay, go to Dive Hotel (just behind Adina). Clean, beautiful layout (very scandinavian), and beautiful natural light that streams in the entire place. I'm just upset that we only discovered this boutique hotel on the last day of our trip. A standard room cost $220, and the $20 difference compared to Adina is so much more worth it, considering there is free WIFI.

Room Tip: The only tip I could give you is to NOT book a room from this hotel. That's all.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank masalathosai
Jessica D, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Masalathosai,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.

I am sorry your stay was disappointing and does not reflect on our usual high standards. I would like to discuss your stay further and find out some more information so please contact me directly on (02) 9578 6000 or jsheridan@adinahotels.com.au I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Sydney
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Adina multiple times over the last year. In the last 3 months I have been here twice and when my partner and I walked into check in, there was a girl standing at reception with orange hair. She was very rude and cold and really didn't want to help us at all. I told her we wanted to upgrade from a 1 bedroom to a 2 bedroom and she said she was completely booked out! I had a suspicion she was Lying because of her attitude so when I got to my room I called the Adina national line and the lady said they had multiple two bedroom rooms available. I went downstairs to speak to someone higher up and I told the girl the story so she said there must of been a mix up and I said NO the girl with orange hair was very clear! That afternoon we upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment for an extra $100. My latest check in to the Adina was almost the same, the girl with long brown hair was very rude untill mid conversation and at that point she decided to be helpful. I would recommend new staff as the reception staff are not keeping the hotel alive the customers are. Very bed reception staff. I would not recommended you stay here unless you have too.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank williams230389
Dear Williams230389,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.

Kind Regards

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our week at the Adina in Coogee, NSW. Fantastic location, all amenities that we required. Location is right near the beach, 5 mins walk. An excellent, clean beach, plenty of places to sit and relax.
Adina hotel accommodation is very good. We very much enjoyed the hotel, always clean, well serviced, everything that we needed was provided.We highly recommend the Adina at Coogee for couples, families or any other groups looking for a great accommodation experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Arkayef,

Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee in the near future.

Melbourne Australia
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

If you need to go to UNSW, this is the best nearby hotel. Pool, Sauna, air conditioning, big room, lots to eat and see (plus the beach) nearby. Easy to get around the hotel, plus parking underneath if you need it. I was very comfortable during this stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jessica D, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Amargosa3000,

Thank you for your feedback, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee in the near future.

Hunter Valley
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a place for the weekend to spoil the grandkids. What a find. Great location just two minutes from Coogee Beach and just the Coogee 'Eat Street'. Everything you need is at hand. Beautiful pool and underground parking. Staff could not be more helpful. Immaculately clean. One piece of advice - ask for a room away from the store as the locals enjoy a party on a Saturday nite!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jessica D, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Howard D,

Thank you for your invaluable feedback, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had to find a place quickly for my visiting parents due to issue with another hotel so late check-in. Very helpful Receptionist suggested and sorted the parking and extra rolloway bed immediately so I could stay the night with them and we could get out to catch dinner quickly before restaurants closed.

Room was big and comfortable. Location 5min from the beautiful Coogee beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jessica D, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Paul_KCM

Thank you for your feedback, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! IWe look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee in the near future.

Maleny, Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Was a great location. Staff were polite and requests attended to. /Requested single beds however was given double bed. This was rectified quickly. Bathroom was very average a slight problem with replacing used face and floor mats. There was hardly any traffic noise for such a busy location. Close to restaurants and public transport. I would stay again but request a larger room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Scott W
Jessica D, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Scott W,

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed our location and found our team to polite & attentive. I will ensure your comments regarding linen are communicated to our housekeeping team, and do apologise for the inconvenience. I would recommend booking a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment on your next stay, as these have a separate living & dining area and are more spacious. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future; if I can be of any assistance when making your next booking, please do not hesitate in contacting me on 02 9875 6000 or jsheridan@adinahotels.com.au .

Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coogee
Coogee
Darlinghurst
Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee? Share your experiences!