1,047 results
All reviews coogee beach two double beds ocean view across the road buffet breakfast an upgrade couple of nights great position coastal walk cafes and restaurants public transport crown conference concierge balcony sydney ihg
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Location, location. Across from the beach and steps to the Cogee to Bondi costal trail. A short walk to restaurants and stores. Cogee is quieter than Bondi and doesn't have as many restaurants and shopping but it depends on what you like. We could hear the surf from our room at night and it was lovely to be able to sit on the patio outside our room and see the beach. The room was equipped with everything you need. The bed and pillows were a little too firm for me.

Room tip: Be sure to request a view room
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Eileen F, Executive Assistant at Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear BeckyR,
Thank you for your terrific feedback. I agree location, location!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Loved everything about this hotel, the location was central to restaurants, bars and shops and across the road to the beach, where on the beach had public BBQ. The breakfast had a good selection and catered well for vegetarians and vegans, good bars connected to the hotel, excellent cleanliness, staff approachable, friendly and helpful, will definitely be going back.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Eileen F, Executive Asssistant at Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear Sara C,
Thank you for your feedback.
It was pleasing to read your stay with us was very enjoyable.
I will share your feedback with the team. They will be delighted.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Lovely room with sea view & balcony. The bed was comfortable & both of us had bedside lights & tables. Lavender scent for pillow was a nice thought.
Bath was deep & over bath shower was strong.
Great breakfast, with Eggs Benedict cooked to order. Drinks were slow to be served at breakfast. Conservatory was a nice place to sit in the morning sun for breakfast.
Sadly, there is nowhere to sit & the bar is closed when a conference is taking place. This was the case on 2 mornings & 2 evenings.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Rachel E

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write to TripAdvisor, detailing your recent experiences at the Crown Plaza Coogee Beach.

It is pleasing to note that your overall experience here was an enjoyable one and your comments have been noted. Thank you also for letting us know about the great breakfast in Bluesalt Restaurant.

Once again thank you for sharing your impressions with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crown Plaza Coogee Beach in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach for a number of nights on a recent work trip to Sydney.

The rooms are honest and reasonably priced for the location. My room contained all the basic amenities you need and expect for the price. In room heating/cooling worked great, the room was pretty quiet (I was on lvl 3 and there was a large conference/function on during my visit) and thick curtains kept it dark.

There’s plenty of pillow options, even though I thought the bed was a little too firm (for my taste), but on the plus side; the rooms have plenty of space for you and your suitcase.

Breakfast in the hotel was pretty hit and miss, but there’s plenty of great dining options on the doorstep.

Professional, polite and friendly staff made my stay enjoyable. Honest rooms, friendly hotel staff and a great location, mean I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Hi senator425,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part of your visit here in Sydney. We are grateful for your business with us.

It has always been our goal to ensure our guests leave our hotel nothing more but a good experience to remember. Reading your post, it made me smile that we were able to live up to this starting from our comfortable, silent, and suitable rooms and to the great service rendered by our staff. These are the primary reasons why we exist and it feels great to have accomplished it.

I hoped to have made it this way all-throughout, but I'm sorry your experience took a downturn because of the beds' softness and the breakfast not hitting all the good marks. Being the most important meal of the day, I understand that your dissatisfaction with the meal can put put your day off to a bad start. I'm sorry to make you uneasy with this.

We continuously look for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying the areas we can improve. Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and be discussed among all concerned departments.

Your stay may not have been the best picture to remember of us but I am positive to capture a better one as soon as you get back. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Upon check in we were met by a your Asian man (Will) who was exceptional!! His customer service and attention to detail was not short of world class! If all of my staff were as caring, polite and attentive as Will was then I would be stoked. I will be telling all of my staff about Will, super impressive.

The room was spacious with a nice seating area and perfect working area. Housekeeping staff were nice and polite as well.

IHG, you guys do it well.

Thanks again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Eileen F, Executive Assistant at Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Dear ConfusedPete,

Your feedback is very valuable to us and I’m delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at The Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach. Thank you also for letting us know about the excellent service you received from Will. I have passed on your comments to Will's Manager and he will appropriately recognised for going above and beyond.

Once again, thank you for sharing your impressions with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.