“Love the staff.......they treat you like family!”
Review of Pro Dive

Pro Dive
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Coogee
More attraction details
Owner description: PRO DIVE is Sydney's No#1 dive center. Every week we run snorkel tours, learn to dive classes, boat diving, advanced courses, shore diving and night diving. There are over 600 different species of fish located right here in Sydney so come join us for a fun day out diving!
Sydney, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Love the staff.......they treat you like family!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Truth be told, I have avoided taking a dive course because being confined to a tank makes me feel a bit claustrophobic. With enough pressure from my siblings (who are all avid divers), I agreed to get certified. I thought taking a dive medical would be the easy way out if I failed ~ no such luck.

Anyway, I faced my fear and did it anyway. SOOOO glad I did. Our awesome instructor Michael was very knowledgeable, thorough and PATIENT beyond imagination - kuddos to him!!!! The United Nations came together with Team Holland, OZ, America and China and had a great bonding time. By the end of the course, we had exchanged numbers and are FB buddies, thinking of all doing the Advanced course together.

The hire gear was good, course was very thorough and Michael took the time to explain things until we understood it. Michael was always upbeat, friendly and happy to answer any questions. Made everyone feel comfortable with the skill at hand before moving on to other skills. More importantly, we practiced the skills until he felt we could do it confidently. He was very supportive and eased our concerns, and knows how to bring the fun into it.

He can be a bit of a time Nazi :D but we ALL need that ~ some more than others :) - thanks for making sure we got enough dive time!

It can be a pretty strenuous course so it's a good idea to be well rested and ready to roll

Definitely be back - thanks MH you're the best! Go Team Awesome!!!! :)

2 Thank tjv967

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A successful and memorable weekend”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our big thank you to our fantastic instructor Ron who no doubt was very patient, helpful and professional.
We thoroughly enjoyed the experience, the weather was perfect and the knowledgeable staff at Pro Dive Coogee were friendly and attentive.
It was an awesome weekend and can't wait to apply our diving skill on our next holidays....
The next stop... Advanced Course?

1 Thank Hosanna-Hideki
Bondi, New South Wales, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome dive course!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I really enjoyed the dive course last weekend and especially how we were guided and educated by our instructor Ron! Well done! He was really patient with everyone and took the time to explain and redo stuff in case it did not work out the first time. And he was always smiling. Maybe it was also because of the sunshine after a couple of rainy weekends, but nevertheless;) Thanks again heaps and I would recommend to everyone to do the dive course with Prodive!

3 Thank Johann L
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pro dive is awesome!!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had a great time with pro dive, got a discount on groupon and ron is an excellent instructor, very patient and knowledgeable. Pro dive has me hooked on scuba and i cant wait till my next dive! Thanks everyone at prodive coogee!!!

2 Thank Chriseuzx
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Amazing underwater course, great instructors, great sales advice in store!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have had an amazing experience with Prodive Coogee, Michael Haselbacher is an excellent instructor and great with all dive equipment advice in-store too. I learnt so much on my open water course and I am now addicted! Thanks Prodive Coogee team!

2 Thank KombatK8