“Everything you would want, nothing that you wouldn't ;)”
Review of Pro Dive

Pro Dive
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Coogee
More attraction details
Owner description: PRO DIVE is Sydney's No#1 dive center. Every week we run snorkel tours, learn to dive classes, boat diving, advanced courses, shore diving and night diving. There are over 600 different species of fish located right here in Sydney so come join us for a fun day out diving!
Reviewed September 27, 2012

A great overall introduction to diving, I would reccomend this course to anybody consdiering taking their open water course in sydney.

1  Thank Ben C

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great staff, thorough training. It was fun and I felt safe. The instructer showed us great marine life and rescued 2 of us when we got tangled in fishing line.

Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

From my perspective, this shop has a lot to offer.
I've got 21 yrs diving exp mainly overseas (Thailand, Fiji, Malaysia, Borneo, Cook Islnds & Nthern QLD) and admittedly Sydney diving doesn't really appeal to me but the shop and staff who work there are very knowledgable, clearly love the sports and happy to help in any way.
They can't help the sometimes poor dive conditions around Syd but most def if your after gear, advice & good site info in Syd and other spots, I'd ask the team at Coogee...
I was so impressed with these guys, I got my partner to do her OW Course here...
Dave

1  Thank Dave L
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Michael our instructor didn't bother to take us to any dive sites, just down to the beach where the only fish we saw were old shoes and garbage at the bottom of the sand. Do not call this a snorkeling trip and then put ZERO effort into taking us to a good site. What a disappointment.

4  Thank LosAngelesAmy
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The online part was handy, because you could do it after work hours, but parts were a bit tedious.

The safety aspects were covered very thoroughly in the practical scuba training, and it was fun practising survival techniques (e.g. retrieving your lost regulator, putting your mask back on underwater).

You have to be comfortable lifting 20kg (weights, tank etc).
Take a hat and sunscreen in summer for the breaks between diving.

1  Thank Katherine C