Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
$67
View deal
Free cancellation until 12/16/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$64
View deal
Free cancellation until 12/15/21
Hotels.com$67
Booking.com$67
Priceline$67
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

I booked online, just wanting somewhere relatively close using public transport to where I was working in Willoughby. At the time Sydney hotel rates were through the roof and staying in the city and travelling out was not a good option.

What a lovely surprise.

A room with stained glass windows, a private verandah with a swing seat and a small cast iron table and chairs, another little cove with a small dining table and chairs, a shower with real pressure that was a delight to get under, a microwave, fridge, coffee making facilities, free internet, etc. and a shared kitchen to use. Ten minutes walk to Chatswood station.

I'll be back to stay. Great value.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank KevinDwyer1956
Reviewed February 1, 2017

The room was small and the bathroom was tiny. Furnishings are old fashioned and quaint. For the price, we were happy with our brief stay. The hotel is in a leafy part of Chatswood, in easy reach of public transport.
Beware of the (harmless) yappy dog which launches itself upon you as you walk into the reception lounge. It gave me a huge fright.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jsmith389
Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

It's one of those situations where the photos don't give a true reflection of the real condition of the hotel, which can only be described as poor. The owners really need to invest in a complete renovation as the building lends itself to it and the location is good for a suburban hotel so they won't over capitalize.
It has the feeling more of a back packers/ boarding house at the moment and it's screaming out for a little TLC . I must say we found the staff very pleasant and generally helpful. Some were a little "over" working in the service industry, you know that, "oh what do you want now" reception but unfortunately you get that in a lot of places.
You sort of "get what you pay" for at the moment, with a few short comings. The owner really needs to move the resident dog along and masking the smell of same with Glen 20 pumping into the corridors is not really helpful. "Crisp clean" sheets and new pillows would also improve the experience and some general maintenance on doors, tiling etc. gives a sense of general disrepair. Our little friends running around in the ceiling at night were a little disconcerting,but we didn't have the pleasure of meeting them face to face.
Look we did rate it 2 stars, Charrington did the job for us over the new year weekend, but to say we were delighted would be stretching it. It would need a lot of love and attention to entice us to return.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2016

Stayed for 3 nights and it is a pleasant experience.
My room is located at 3rd floor's furthest end with a small balcony with great scenery and I couldn't be happier. The room was a tad small but clean and cozy with a slight touch of old-fashioned decor. It had microwave, LCD TV and free WiFi. To my delight, there was breakfast prepared the evening before during the weekend stays. Having breakfast at the balcony in favorable weather was truly relaxing.
I didn't get to explore the other areas and amenities such as shared kitchen and laundry room since I was on a tight schedule (friend's wedding).
Overall, it was an enjoyable stay and I would recommend this place.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

It's in a quiet area. There's a hilly 10-15 minutes walk to the Chatswood train station and bus stops. The room has the basic necessities however housekeeping is below standard. The room has a mini-kitchenette with a dish set, which is great for eating in and saving money. It's a reasonable price, considering the expensive options in and a round Sydney.

Date of stay: November 2016