“fantastc, clean, fresh, yummy, good price, great service!”
Review of Golden Bo

Golden Bo
Ranked #47 of 231 Restaurants in Chatswood
Cuisines: Chinese
Sydney, Australia
“fantastc, clean, fresh, yummy, good price, great service!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is a VIETNAMESE- Chinese restaurant! not 'pan-Asian' or 'Thai'. I was glad Van Loc is CLOSED because this place has everything! It is squeaky clean, great leafy decor with good (not neon or flouro) lighting. The menu is very extensive and everything we saw on other tables looked delicious! The drinks look amazing. The free water is cold and comes in clean glasses, the tea is light and refreshing. The crockery and utensils are a beautiful green-black combination and the presentation of the food elegant. The service was swift and attentive.
I had Crispy Chicken Egg Noodle Soup and it was brilliant- the chicken fresh, the soup delicious and the basil and bean sprouts fresh and plentiful. I usually go to Xic Lo but they are very ho-hum and the decor is cold and light too bright. SO GLAD I have branched out. I am going to be a regular from now on. This is a truly wonderful VIETNAMESE -Chinese restaurant, do yourself a flavour- you won't regret it.

• Visited May 2014

“Great Thai/Vietnamese food”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a great little spot for some tasty pan Asian food. It's a good spot to come with friends or the family for a quick, delicious and healthy feed.

Visited November 2013
“Food is good but...”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have passed by this restaurant but had not appealed to me to try. Went there last Saturday at the suggestion of a friend.

Had to wait for someone to take our order even though they were not too busy... then waited for the food... waited to get someone's attention for a tea top up...

Thankfully, the food is not too bad and quite authentic which made up for the lack of service.

We had the Banh Xeo which was nice and crispy. The menu is quite varied.

Visited February 2014
Penang
“Worth detouring off the main road - Victoria Ave”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Went there for lunch on the weekend.
Was early but nevertheless was a little worried when saw not many tables taken when arrived. Given, like I said - we were there at 1130 am. The wife had the pork chop with egg noodle. Very nice, tender and yet crispy. I decided to opt for the "Goat Stew with Rice" as they had it up on the wall, I assume it's their specialty. Tender as well, with no over powering mutton 'smell'. My only gripe is that the portions were too small, especially when you consider that the meat in the stew is made up a lot by fatty skin-on portions. Anyhow... The stew was delicious with very strong taste of herbs and spices. We're encouraged to return to turn further their extensive pictured menu.

Btw, the crowd did pick up as we were leaving, so its not a 'ghost town'.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank kIaihC
“good basic asian”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We mostly have the Laksa and Crispy Skin chicken for my wife and Laksa and pork chop for me. Reliable tasty lunch. Tried the goat curry, never again. We go once or twice per month.

Visited October 2012