Tripadvisor
Chatswood

“Tasty and fun Charcoal BBQ Fathers Day Lunch”
Review of The Bulgogi

The Bulgogi
Ranked #30 of 303 Restaurants in Chatswood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

I like Korean food and my kids surprised me by booking for Father’s Day lunch here for four of us. We got a table upstairs promptly. We chose the Bulgogi Beef set for 2, marinated beef, pork belly, scallops and fired chicken...yes we came in hungry for this :-) We also ordered peach flavoured Soju to try as well.

The surprise was they provide charcoal for their bbq on the table which was great as the food we cooked over it came out yummy. We all enjoyed the theatre of cooking on the table which made it a very interactive lunch. The fried chicken was done crispy outside and succulent inside. There were some sides including the customary kimchi. We would have like more veges as the few carrot and pumpkin strips were not enough to balance the meat.

After a couple of hours we managed to finish the food, enjoyed our drinks and left as a happy bunch. The young man serving us upstairs was attentive and provided great service.

We will be back soon for another go. Cheers.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (90)

Reviewed July 9, 2019

Very fast delivery of food in this place, food was tasty, well presented and portions very large. Great spot to drop in for a quick meal

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Philipstravels
Reviewed June 27, 2019 via mobile

It was my first time eating Korean so I wasn’t very familiar with the cuisine. But everything was super delicious and hot, I loved the hot pots and the beef set where you had to cook yourself. Nice food and excellent service.

Reviewed June 27, 2019 via mobile

I ordered their lunch special Seafood hotpot. It is adequate for 1 person. Was fresh and tasty. However I was a little disappointed with their Banchan side dishes. They only serve 1 set per table regardless of how many people are on the table and it did not come out full. Most of the Banchan came out less than half full. Very disappointed.

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

I visited this restaurant 6 years ago and loved it. However all good things come to a end. I went there today. Tried the signature dish the marinated Beef Bulgogi , pork Belly and scallops. Well There was nothing to write home about with the signature dish the Bulgogi being average to say the least( Woolworths sell a better beef Bulgogi now) the servings were tiny and when I asked is that it they are very very small I’m still hungry all I got was “oh”. I spent $54.50 including a beer on 3 dishes and left hungry. I’m so disappointed I traveled 2 hours to come here and was looking forward to it so much to only be disappointed. To top it of my they wanted to charge you me a 1.5% surcharge just to use eftpos. I will never ever be back again