“Best Thai restaurant in Chatswood”
Review of Khao Pla

Khao Pla
Ranked #4 of 231 Restaurants in Chatswood
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Sydney
“Best Thai restaurant in Chatswood”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We go to this place on a regular basis as it's hard to beat. The restaurant is extremely casual and not a place to go and linger. However, the chef is from Bangkok and does not compromise on his use of spices and chilli!
It's BYO (including beer) and every friend I have ever taken there have returned or have further recommended it. The tamarind pork ribs are not to be missed, as well as the green mango salad with fried fish fillets. It's all excellent with the prices being very reasonable.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sheryl C

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Felt like being back in Thailand”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We have been back here several times and the food never disappoints. Really beautiful, flavoursome food with decent portions and competitive prices. Becoming one of my faves.

• Visited June 2014
“Not impressed! ”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Went there for dinner...order the basic green curry chicken tasted more like fr the jar rather then real cooked dishes
Service was good! Chicken pieces was like bits and pieces. I rather like to see what im eating then some chopped of poultry.

“Better than in Thailand”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Felt the need right now to review this great Thai restaurant. I live in Sydney but am currently in Thailand on holiday and have yet to enjoy food as good as Khao Pla.
Keep it up guys- your Basa fillets are amazing as is everything else we've had including the massaman and the red curry fish in vine leaves. Will be back when we return.

Sydney, Australia
“Bring on the Thai Milk Tea!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I'm a stickler for good Thai Milk Tea or 'Cha Nom Yen' as it should so rightly be named. One of the first things I do when I try out a new Thai restaurant is check if they have this bad boy. Secondly, I check if I need to scoff the Cha Nom Yen because the dishes have the right amount of kick in them that I start to sweat. This place has it.

It's not often I've come across a Thai restaurant in Sydney that impresses on every single visit we've had, and we've been here quite a few times.

The various dishes we've tried are just spicy enough. There is nothing worse than a Thai dish with not enough chilli, let alone the lacklustre flavour; but these dishes are phenomenal.

Chilli, check. Flavour, check. Presentation, check check check!

Make sure to try the Sticky Rice with Milk Tea Ice Cream. Delicious.

• Visited April 2014