“Clean, fast and authentic Malaysian fare” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 226 Restaurants in Chatswood
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Sydney, Australia
“Clean, fast and authentic Malaysian fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We saw the weekend long queue and knew we were on to something good. Hoping to avoid the ridiculous conga line, we planned an early brunch recon on a weekday. First time and pretty happy with service overall. Their ordering system is efficiently fast. Best part is the service call bell right on your table. We ordered our holy trinity - penang Assam laksa, roti canai with curry chicken and special nasi lemak with chicken curry and Assam prawns. Orders arrived in rapid time and didn't disappoint. Meats were tender fresh, curries rich and spices balanced. The rice noodles used for the laksa was exceptionally chewy and the fish flakes in the broth nails the authenticity of the cuisine. I would have wished it was a little less sweet and more Assam, sour hot. 3 thumbs up all the same. Finished off with a Cham coffee - a sweetened coffee and tea combo hot drink. Talk about catering for everyone including the undecided. Many more dishes to try, will be back.

• Visited July 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Efficient service, average value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was impressed by the long queues outside the restaurant from day one of the new restaurant. However, the numbers have since diminished. I was attracted by the efficient system of ordering food on a slip of paper which you hand to the waiter who answers the buzzer on your table. However, the food serve was smaller than average although prices fell on the other side of average. The popular chicken rice came with, surprisingly, bean sprouts on the side and the other usual accompaniments. The atmosphere was efficiency at the expense of occasional brusque manners from the supervisors on duty. The waiters were however always pleasant. Ultimately, an average experience, but nothing to shout about.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
“Some serious contention now...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

For the longest time I was still in my quest to look out for the right dose of Malaysian balance. Happy to say that I've stopped the hunt! My rice noodle broth hit the spot, the steamed chicken came out succulent, the fried kuey tiaow was lively and light, the chilli spicy, and the drinks were as I liked it and I am quite particular - hot barley, no sugar, got to have that cloudy touch. They met all of the brief!

Head over here, and come early if it's a Saturday brunch you're looking for. Definitely worth the wait and I'm glad it's finally here!

Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“New Malaysian Restaurant - Best Char Kway Teow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This Malaysian restaurant opened recently in Chatswood, Sydney. Hubby and I have already eaten there three times - with family, on our own and with friends. All have really loved the food there. Hubby and I recently went to Malaysia for a holiday and fell in love with Char Kway Teow (very tasty dish of fried flat noodles, prawns etc) in Penang which is famous for it. I ate it every night whilst I was there! We were not expecting it to be as good here as in Penang but to our delight it was - we thought it was even better actually as it was more spicy. It costs $12.50 We also have eaten the roti canai here each time which is delicious too - highly recommend both and also recommend the fruity mango/lychee drink. The only problem is that the restaurant does not take reservations so you just have to queue up. We have gone once for lunch and twice for dinner (Sat. pm) and waiting time has been between 30 and 45 minutes - it's not great having to wait but we don't mind as the meal is well worth it.

“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Me and my partner stumbled into this place, the food was authentic, the place is so nice and the drinks is so yummm. Definitely recommended.