“Great location for northern Sydney”

The Sebel Residence Chatswood
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Chatswood
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Great location for northern Sydney”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great apartments with plenty of room for the family to spread out. Friendly, helpful staff. Nice outdoor pool area, small but big enough, and never crowded.
So close to great shopping you can reach out and touch it....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Angela H, General Manager at The Sebel Residence Chatswood, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thanks for your kind words... we are so fortunate with our location both within the North Shore, and only a short distance to the CBD too! Pleased you have enjoyed your stay.
Kind regards,
Sandra Crisafi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have just finished a stay at the Sebel Chatswood - very good location, pretty good hotel allround. We had a 2 bedroom apartment & it was roomy with 2 separate bathrooms and central living. Reasonably well equipped kitchenette - just missing knives. I'm not sure what that was about but trying to cut bread with a fish slice was interesting. Have they had a series of attacks one wonders. I suppose we could have/should have asked for a bread knife but...other than that & the expensive parking I had no complaints

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tamworth, Australia
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed here with family for weekend trip to Sydney. Affordable,clean,spacious and very comfortable. Close to Westfield ( get a good run up and you could jump out of the front door into the Westfield foyer.)
Train is a very short walk away, easy to find. Great pub down the road serves great food ( Orchard Hotel )
I would recommend this one if you visit Sydney and want out a bit.

Room Tip: All rooms look good. Some construction on station side but not to worry about.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
From England living in Switzerland
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed here for a week in a 2 bed apartment with my husband and sister. Apartment was spacious with a bedroom and bathroom located on each side of the lounge/kitchen. Located by Westfield Chatswood and the station. There is a Coles in Westfield open to 10pm and a new Coles in The Chase open to midnight.
I do however have a few minor complaints that are worth sharing
1) Paid for 7 days parking at reduced rate, then on check out queried price but told that was the reduced rate. Later found booking and we had been overcharged by $34. After writing to Sebel Accor Chain it was confirmed the overcharge and issue resolved and money finally refunded although would have preferred the reception staff to have checked better at the time.
2) We sat in the Spa pool on level 7 and found that the water bleached our swimming costumes once dried. Also our skin did not feel nice. Wrote to Sebel Accor, but still awaiting a response. Also mentioned at reception but not much reaction (Just told process automatic of treating the water –not sure how mind!) so be carefu!
3) Internet at $30 a day is absolutely rediculous and a crime and just cannot be justified at all considering the cost of paying for the apartments. If other hotels can provide wireless free so can Sebel. I hope this will be considered and changed in the future.
4) Finally I was completely shocked to be informed that the safe costs $2 a night and $50 if you lose the key. Can accept a deposit for the key but not to be charged to use a safe!
The Sebel has really thought of everything to make your stay more expensive than necessary.
Despite the above moans I would still stay here again

Room Tip: Request a room looking out over the city
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My sister and I recently stayed here for four nights in a two bedroom apartment as I needed to come to Chatswood for a conference. We were very happy with the accommodation and of course the location is terrific. The beds were extremely comfortable. The staff were friendly and efficient and everything was clean and well maintained. I would stay here again if I was coming to the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a weekend to do some shopping and just to relax in general.

The location is great as it is directly opposite Chatswood Westfield and only a couple of minutes away from Chatswood Chase Shopping Centre. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from and only a short drive to the city.

We paid $300 for a 1 Bedroom Apartment that looked extremely tired and old. The carpet looked worn and had a large red wine stain. I couldn't believe they even let us check into the room with such a big stain.

We ate out the first night and wanted to get room service the second night. Unfortunately the hotel didn't offer in house room service which was fine. We decided to cook however the oven and stove top both didn't work. The hotel doesn't offer in house movies either and breakfast was a simple breakfast basket which is like what you would pack in a lunch box to take to school.

Travelling in the lift was a pain as Reception gave us two separate keys one for the lift and one for our room. I have stayed in plenty of hotels and never seen 1 with this system before. I was advised I would be charged for the keys if I didn't return it at check out.

Our bed was extremely hard and lumpy seemed very old. I asked Reception if we could move rooms only to be told they were booked out and had no rooms to move us to.

Overall I think there is not much competition around and purely due to it's locaation this hotel continues to get business. However compared to other hotels in the CBD or other suburbs it is well below par and not worth the money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank H2099
Orange, Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Had a wonderful stay. Proximity to Westfield and Chatswood CBD was a big plus,especially when travelling with a baby. Not many utensils, plates or glasses in kitchen. Rooms allgood size with plenty of living space. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatswood
Meriton Suites Chatswood
Best Western Twin Towers Inn
Royal Pacific Hotel
Royal Pacific Hotel
#2 of 2 in Artarmon

Been to The Sebel Residence Chatswood? Share your experiences!