“Great accommodation in the heart of Chatswood”

The Sebel Residence Chatswood
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Chatswood
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Lovely rooms, exceptional service where nothing was too much of a hassle. We stayed here on the recommendation from a wedding party. Directly across from Westfield shopping centre in the heart of Chatswood. We will be returning for another visit soon!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Unfortunately, there is not mch choice for Chatswood accommodation. As such, the value, quality and service received at the Sebel is a reflection of that. We phoned to see that our room was ready and was told that all was fine. Upon arriving at 1.30PM our room was not ready and were made to feel that we were perhaps making up a story about the room being ready. We were allocated another room, however we then had to make numerous trips back to the front counter to have the room keys changed over to the new room. The price is expensive for the quality, especially given the following: The cleaning of the room was haphazard, with tables not wiped down and the bed was made up with sheets that either were not long enough for the bed, or the bed was incorrectly made. The toilet cistern ran continuously and had to be turned off at the wall. There were chipped and cracked plates in the kitchen.
We wished we had stayed in the city, and would do so in the future and t is so easy to get to Chatswood via train.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Another great stay at one of Accor's properties. The Sebel Residence located in Chatswood and is so convent to the shopping district. You catch the lift downstairs, walk across the road and go directly in to Westfields Shopping Centre. The Sebel is a great place to stay. The beds are soooo comfortable, you don't want to get out of them in the morning. However, if you are a light sleeper like me, then ask for an apartment away from the train station. It is not overly noisy though, just a slight sound. After 4 children, I wake up at the sound of a pin dropping! The apartments are very clean and comfortable. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment with 2 adults and two children. As we have family living in Sydney, we had around 10 people coming and going [and eating!] during the stay. The Sebe was the perfect place to catch up with them all. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Any request was acted upon promptly.

There is a Coles supermarket which is open until 12pm [take escalator down 2 levels]. You are next to the Mandarin Centre and Westfields shopping Centre. Both Centres have a Hoyts. Your are spoil for food choices, as there are many restaurant within walking distance of the Sebel, There is a really great Yum Cha restaurant on the top level [from Victor entrance] but be prepared to line up for a table as this place is packed on the weekends. There are good eating places in the numerous food courts located in Westfield.

I had trouble getting a waxing appointment due to all the salons being fully booked [walk in appointment! Sydney women are serious about their landscaping. lol] but I finally managed to get a late afternoon appointment as a favor. There are numerous Nail Salons in Westfields and the Lemon Grove Centre.

We had a hire car and paid the extra $17 per night. It was cheap and very convenient as we were traveling with 2 young children. We visited the Sydney fish market to buy seafood for a family dinner. Super fresh and feed the family of 10 people on $120 of seafood in the apartment. We had enough seafood left over for lunch the next day. Yum. If you are going to the Sydney fish market have lunch there also - Again Yum.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper like me, then ask for an apartment away from the train station. It is not...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lilyanne P
Reviewed July 21, 2012

For those of us unlucky enough to have to travel to Chatswood NSW for business, we are well aware of significant shortage of accommodation options. As hard as I have tried, I'm yet to find a good hotel that can provide me the basics such as a late night meal when I arrive on a Sunday night. The Sebel is unfortunately no different with no restaurant and a 'snacks menu' that is embarrassing. If you want a hotel for a short business stay, use the hotels in the cbd and get a 20min train to Chatswood. If anyone reading this has the means to build a brand name 5 star hotel in Chatswood, please do so!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank nb190
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed in the 3 bedroom apartment for more than 6 days.
The train station is located just around the corner. Chatwoods is called the Chinatown in Sydney and you can find lots of Asian cuisine nearby.

The staff is friendly and helpful. The apartment is spacious and they have balconies in all rooms that linked to each other. I stayed at level 18 and the view was magnificient.
There's supermarket, cafes,pharmacies and shopping mall such as KMart and Target.

The only thing I would like to suggest is for them to have a wireless wifi. I find it inconvenience to connect to a cable internet connection.

Room Tip: Get a room from level 10 upwards for a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sebel Suites in Chatswood for a few nights.

On arrival, I was unsure where to park my car, as there was a narrow driveway, with construction work going on, and no clear signage directing guests where to go.

The checkin staff where friendly, but failed to mention the additional costs for car parking. (I don't have a problem with the charge, but I was never informed about it, until checkout). They also put myself and my colleague on different floors, and advised we could not get access to each others floors, for security reasons.

The room itself - a 1 bedroom unit, was clean, but quite boxy, and compact. OK for a few nights stay, but if you are staying for longer, it would be too small, and a bigger room would be advised.
The bed was very comfy - actually one of the best hotel beds I have ever slept in!.
The kitchen was well equipped with modern appliances, and utensils.
The bathroom was a good size, but many of the tiles were cracked, the shower door did not seal properly, which led to water all over the bathroom floor (and at one stage, water coming up through the drain hole in the middle of the floor).
The balcony was very small, one part of it, only about 50cm deep. I had a north facing view, of the train station, and several high rises.

Location wise - this place is great. The Mandarin Centre next door (great food, and Daiso), as well as the Westfield just across the road. A very central location.

On checkout, one of the staff that served me was very condescending. This is the reason I gave the "Service" rating as a "Average" and not an "Excellent". All the other staff were great though.

Overall - I would stay there again, and would recommend the place to people who are intending on short stays.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Kelli S
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have stayed at the Sebel Residence in Chatswood, Sydney on a number of occasions, renting at different times a three, two or one bedroom apartment. The Hotel is situated right in the middle of the Chatswood shopping district where it is just a two minute stroll out the front door to have your pick of some superb shopping. During the evening one is spoiled by the great range of restaurants ranging from Asian, Italian to German and not to forget, Aussie. Every meal we have had there has been a great adventure trying all the different food culture. The apartments are very roomy, fully self contained and well equipped with all the modern conveniences, a balcony, roomy bathroom and bedroom with a quality comfortable mattress and pillow enabling us to have great sleeps at the end of the days. But what really impressed me about the Hotel was truly friendly staff from first check in until final check out. These staff don't have that stuck on smile, you can tell from their body language that they really are pleased to great you and nothing we asked them was a problem. It was from talking with these staff that we found some of the fantastic eateries around Chatswood. If every hotel in Australia had staff like these, the tourism market would be in a lot better shape. They are a credit to the hotel and to themselves. Because of this we have decided to make the Sebel Residence Chatswood our Sydney anchor for each time we visit Sydney. I have no hesitation in recommending the Sebel to anyone looking for quality, friendly accommodation, in a great location.

Room Tip: As mentioned before, I have stayed in 3,2 an 1 bedroom apartments and they were all of such a high s...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris_P_Tasmania
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatswood
Meriton Suites Chatswood
#2 of 2 in Artarmon
Quest North Ryde
Quest North Ryde
#3 of 6 in North Ryde

Been to The Sebel Residence Chatswood? Share your experiences!