“Convenient location near facilities”
Review of Mantra Chatswood

Mantra Chatswood
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Chatswood
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed one night in a one bedroom apartment with lounge and it was clean, well serviced and had everything one needs for an overnight in Sydney. The reception desk staff were very polite and helpful.

Air-conditioning and soundproofing were an issue for us as we wanted to use both the bedroom and lounge at might and it seems the air only works in either the bedroom or lounge but not both at the same time.

All in all an average experiemce.

Room Tip: As the wall between our lounge and the adjoining appartment were paper thin, sleeping on the roll-ou...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Jessicah589, Manager at Mantra Chatswood, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear DFD1303,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I am sorry you were disappointed with the set up of the airconditioning, we are limited to only have one zone operational at a time.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mantra Chatswood again soon.

Regards,
Kylie Darling
Assistant Front Office Manager
Mantra Chatswood

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located directly opposite Chatswood train and bus stations. There's a nice Malaysian restaurant next to the station that makes great roti and other Malay dishes at reasonable prices and on the other side of Victoria Ave, there are shopping malls and restaurants so no shortage of places to eat or shop.

Chatswood is the hub of Sydney's construction and engineering firms so in terms of location in a business district, the Mantra is well positioned.

Note though, because the Mantra is opposite the train station, you will hear lots of train noises in the early hours of the morning (about 6am), particularly when they test their whistles.

The hotel itself is functional. Whilst nothing to write home about, my room was spacious and clean with a little kitchenette that comprised of a microwave, minibar fridge, sink, and kettle. There was sufficient crockery for continental breakfast or light meal. There was also a washing machine and dryer in the room so if you were staying a few days for business, this apartment would easily cater to most of your needs.

As I travel for business, I have no real need for lots of staff attention other than to ensure my room is clean and tidy when I get back and there are enough towels. Therefore, on this basis, I've rated the Mantra quite highly. However, if I was on vacation looking to be indulged or spoiled, then I would rate this differently.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back opposite Help St or away from facing Victoria Ave are generally quieter in terms o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jessicah589, Manager at Mantra Chatswood, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Hollytd,
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay at Mantra Chatswood. Its Great that the apartments were suitable for your needs. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards
Assistant Manager.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

It was my first stay in Sydney and in Australia in general so I can compare globally only.
Pluses:
- great location, very close to the shopping mall and train

Minuses:
- I got a room in the 2nd floor with balcony to the backyard and it was extremely noisy there since there was some reconstruction
- I had sheet full of mould
- they forgot to clean my room the first day
- breakfast is absolutely same every day so if you stay there 2 weeks, it is a real pain
- there is Asian guy responsible for that breakfast and he really doesn't care about customers
- nobody asked me for 2 weeks if I would like to get a coffee
- sauna and restroom at the gym is dirty and old

Well, I have to say that the some customer service was trying to solve everything what happened but it simply happened. Moreover I didn't like the approach of breakfast service in that hotel e.g. when you go against the server during the breakfast buffet, they feel they have a right to go instead of being polite and let you go with your plate.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The rooms are decent enough (apart from the very noisy old plumbing) but the reception staff are unhelpful, unfriendly and unprofessional. This property seems to be very poorly managed (I can't speak for other Mantra properties) and it has put me off staying here or another Mantra property again.
They also put 'Policy' and gauging guests ahead of quality customer service ... our family gathering will be spending several thousand dollars over four days and when we asked for a few extra glasses for one of the room, they wanted to charge a ridiculous amount for the privilege. And that was after totally screwing up our reservation.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Booked in here as we had a function to attend at Chatswood's Concourse Theatre. Have to say that our stay was very restful, our granddaughter really enjoyed the pool area; the beds, while only queen size were comfortable & the self catering facilities in the rooms were more than adequate. A highlight were the 2 ladies on the reception desk. Nothing was a problem & they were very helpful, not just with us, but I noticed they maintained that professional courtesy with other customers.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Jessicah589, Manager at Mantra Chatswood, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Robjac33
Thank you for taking time to give feedback about your stay at Mantra Chatswood. Its great to read that you had all round great stay and loved the room and pool area facilities. I have passed on to our team the lovely comment about our staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.
Regards
Assistant Manager

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The location is great. Good walking distance to train station, shopping and dining area.

The lobby is small but cozy. Receptionists are nice and helpful. I stayed in an one-bedroom apartment, because the studios are all sold out.

The living room is spacious, but bedroom is relatively small. The beds are cozy. The air conditioning is somewhat difficult to control. It is either too warm or too cold. The pantry is sufficiently equipped.

The bathroom is disappointing. The bathroom is actually big I size, but it has no flat panels to place utensils. Even the shower caps provided by the hotel have to be placed on the toilet tank! The soaps with no soap holders (just no space, I assume) kept falling into the sink! The shower area is so shallow and curtain is so small that water keeps flowing out and wet the entire washroom floor.

The wifi charge is outrageous. AUD20 for a day, and it is limited data usage. It is not user friendly too, as I have to key in a 16-digit code each time when I entered the room. Not sure if this is the standard in Australia, but I don't think it is following international standard.

I was told that the check-out time was at 10:30AM. I asked for an extension to 12:30, but the hotel replied me that I can be out by 11AM and will be charged AUD20 per hour after that. Again, am not sure if this is an Australian standard, but I really find this unacceptable.

My overall experience on this stay is average, but seems to be over priced.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Couldn't get Sydney CBD accommodation due to big event, so booked a little out in the leafy shopping precinct of Chatswood. Nice professional welcome. Large, pleasant apartment, light and airy. Separate bedroom, lounge with dining table, plus roomy kitchen, good bathroom with shower over tub. Bonus over CBD hotels was the reasonably priced room service and minibar. Very comfortable one night stay, plus we got free street parking - I think I'm a convert to out-of-CBD accommodation!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, which I usually hate, but it was light, private and lovely.

Dear Ms. Sharon
Thank you for the feedback. It is great to read that the apartment was spaciou and suitable for your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards
Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatswood
Meriton Suites Chatswood
#1 of 3 in St Leonards
Quest North Ryde
Quest North Ryde
#3 of 6 in North Ryde

Been to Mantra Chatswood? Share your experiences!