“Handy for business in this area”
Review of Mantra Chatswood

Mantra Chatswood
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Chatswood
Bunbury, Australia
“Handy for business in this area”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've stayed a couple of times here over a space of a few years.

Changed name but nothing much else. It's an ok place to stay if you have business in Chatswood. Do yourself a favour and see if you can't score an upgrade to an apartment over the standard hotel room. The standard rooms are spoilt by an amazingly narrow shower over a bath and a wardrobe that demands a contortionist simply to hang your clothes.

There's nothing particularly wrong with this hotel, especially if you can get on special rates and if you get the upgrade.

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment upgrade.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jessicah589, Manager at Mantra Chatswood, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hello KpBunbury,

Thank you for choosing Mantra Chatswood for your recent stay.

At Mantra Chatswood we aim to exceed our guest expectations by Knowing What Matters to you. We are glad you enjoyed our complimentary upgrade to the One Bedroom Apartment. We appreciate your comments regarding our spacious rooms and centralized location for business.

Thank you for choosing Mantra Chatswood and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reservations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Had a 2 bedroom apartment (interconnecting rooms) which was very clean, spacious and had modern furnishings. Full kitchen was great and a nice big fridge that was wonderful for our family. We were on the 5th floor and across the road from the train station which wasn't too bad but, we also seemed to be right on top of the pub on the corner and being a Saturday night was quite noisy. Noise seemed to pass after midnight though so, was able to get some sleep.
Great location as its across from the trains and also from great restaurants and the westfields too, 10 mins from the CBD and right off the princess highway so convenient to get to.
The gym was great and the staff were all extremely polite and helpful!
Will definitely stay again but ill be requesting a much higher floor or opposite side of the building to escape the street noise below of the pub and trains.

Room Tip: Request a high floor or opposite side of building from the train line to escape the street noise of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jessicah589, Manager at Mantra Chatswood, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello Jana H,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the hotel location, room facilities as well as the services of our team.

Whilst we have shared your positive comments with our team members, we strive to continuously improve our services and facilities.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Chatswood again.

Here'n'there
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed overnight Sat-Sun and had a package deal for room plus bottle of wine plus 1pm checkout. It was the late checkout I was really after, because I was attending an afternoon party starting at 1.30pm on Sunday afternoon.

I had a couple of requests when I booked the room online a few days before my visit, and the desk phoned me within a few hours to discuss them. Very helpful, clear instructions on how to use the car park, polite and friendly. Very easy to find the building, just off the Pacific Highway in a relatively quiet street. When I booked in I found the desk staff again friendly, polite, helpful, just easy to talk to.

My room was on the top floor, which in Chatswood doesn't necessarily give you much view but does put you above the traffic noise. I had a little trouble with my room key being read by the lift, and when I wanted to go back down the lift call button needed to be pressed very very firmly on the left of the panel or it wouldn't work. So, still a few problems not yet worked out there. The carpets and general air of the place seem very slightly worn; although not shabby by any means. Very clean, though. Not a speck of dust in my room; the corridors were obviously also well-attended.

The room itself was great. Bathroom surprisingly spacious, nice painting on the wall, very comfy bed, cosy carpet underfoot, tea and coffee facilities. Well-stocked fridge if you wanted anything (although I'm one of those who can count my lifetime minibar purchases on the fingers of one finger). The nibbles were a bit sparse: no biscuits as such, just a sort of muesli bar, jelly beans and couple of packets of chips. I dislike UHT milk so rang down for a jug of full cream milk, which showed up very quickly, delivered yet again with a willing smile. Seriously, I could get used to people treating me this nicely.

I didn't find time to use the gym or pool but I had a quick look and I have to say, next time I'll reserve at least an hour; the gym was well-equipped for the sort of thing it is and the pool/spa/sauna arrangement was very inviting.

I went to Rocket restaurant for dinner - excellent and only 100 metres away. I slept in a bit in the morning, walked to Houlihan's Cafe in Victoria Ave shops for breakfast, then back to the hotel to get ready for that party. Checking out was easy, no problem leaving the car park, helped an elderly Chinese gentleman swipe his card in the lift (yes, that does seem to be an ongoing problem), but really felt like I'd had a little holiday when I left.

Room Tip: I assume the traffic, railway station over the road or the pub on the corner might give some noise...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hello Michael J,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with the public.

It was gratifying to read your comments about our spacious Studio room, the friendliness of our team and our centralized location.

We have also taken note regarding your comments of our minibar variety and have passed this onto our Management to review other options for the future. We sincerely appreciate the king words regarding our team and hotel facilities.

We thank you for staying at the Mantra Chatswood and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Sydney.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Used the conference facilities here and were pleased. The conference manager is very good and nothing was a problem to accommodate. Really appreciated the box of supplies that they leave for the meeting facilitator. We also had a dinner in the conference room and the feedback from everyone was that the food was very good. Particularly enjoyed that the sides were served in bowls to share.

Would recommend their conference facilities as good value and service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ozallens
Hello Ozallens,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent experience at Mantra Chatswood.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our location & the friendliness of our staff.

Whilst we have shared your positive comments with our team, we strive to continuously improve our services and facilities.

We thank you for choosing Mantra Chatswood as your preferred Conference venue and look forward to welcoming you back again.

West Sussex
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Recently stayed here for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment. Accommodation was very spacious and spotlessly clean. Staff friendly and helpful - I see from other reviews we weren't the only ones to have some problems with the keycards when using the lifts, but overall a good experience in a very convenient location, just a couple of minutes to the Metro station. Breakfast perfectly OK, not quite sure what some people expect. Plenty of restaurants and a local shopping precinct nearby also.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello CarefulCouple,

Thank you for choosing Mantra Chatswood for your recent stay.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves to embrace the Mantra spirit and we are glad to hear that our team members service was to your expectation.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Orange, Australia
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Got a last minute deal here as I had stayed at another Mantra. For $150 got a studio room for a weekend when the CBD was ridiculously expensive. Easy to get to CBD (about 15 minutes door to door), friendly staff and perfectly adequate room.
Probably need to improve the swipe key system soon (too many failed cards and lift access dependent) and the bathroom could do with an update, but really comfy bed.
Would stay here again if I can get a similar price

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OrangeRelocations
Jessicah589, Manager at Mantra Chatswood, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear OrangeRelocations,

Thank you very much for choosing Mantra Chatswood and sharing your constructive comments on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel, and our facilities were to your expectations. Your comment on our security key system, has been well acknowledged and address to the relevant departments to investigate further.

Thank you again for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently stayed at Mantra Chatwsood for business in the area for 3 nights. On the first morning I discovered that the hot water only ran warm and in very small amounts. I let the staff know, who were able to fix it for the second day, only for the problem to resurface again on the final morning.

In addition to the lack of hot water, I also found that the hotel was only fitted with harsh fluorescent lighting. I agree with other reviewers that the breakfasts were not great, and would suggest the Three Beans cafe over the road for breakfast instead. On the upside, the staff were friendly and the room was clean and otherwise comfortable.

I've since also tried the Sebel in Chatswood and would recommend it over the Mantra in Chatswood.

Room Tip: Request a room higher up in the hotel to be away from the street noise, the buses for the station dr...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Saust,

Thank you for choosing Mantra Chatswood for your recent stay.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay regarding the hot water. This issue has been addressed the the head of our Engineering Department to investigate further. Rest assured that customer service is always our prime concern and we value your feedback to prevent these situations in the future.

Thank you again for our constructive comment and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reservations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Chatswood hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatswood
Meriton Serviced Apartments Chatswood
#3 of 6 in North Ryde
Royal Pacific Hotel
Royal Pacific Hotel
#2 of 2 in Artarmon

Been to Mantra Chatswood? Share your experiences!