“The Chatswood Inn is NOT registered with the basic authorities”
Review of Chatswood Inn

Chatswood Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Chatswood B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“The Chatswood Inn is NOT registered with the basic authorities”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I checked with the local council about this business before booking as I was concerned that one of the reviews stated that the microwave and fridge were in the bathroom, there were sewerage issues etc. The local council has no business registration for this address which means that no health & safety checks and probably no fire inspections have been conducted. I also wonder whether they have public indemnity insurance? I guess the advice is make sure you bring your own . Is it really worth booking with this business when there are others in the area of a similar price who are registered with the proper authorities?

Room Tip: Don't stay here until they are registered and can demonstrate that they have had proper health...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Empee_11
Joanna170, Manager at Chatswood Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2011
I started to know your review in last night from a phone call, I was really shocked. So, I have to join TripAdvisor for responding your review. As a business manager of Chatswood Inn, I would like to response all existing reviews on TripAdvisor.com. Here are my points.
Firstly, we are a legally registered business. We are not a new business and we have been operated our B&B following our local legal requirements for many years. The staffs at the local council have also made quite a number of inspections here. I appreciate if you could let us know the name of the council staff who you contacted. And please let us know your contact details and then I can pass this issue to our lawyer. They can answer you questions.
Secondly, we are a small B&B and we have very little capacity to take new guests. We are not affecting any other similar business near us and that’s why we did not put front sign board. For some new enquiries, we often refer them to other hotels near us who are highly rated. But we are very friendly towards our highly valued guests; we work to do as much as we can-to the highest standards we can provide you. Even though we are only a self-rated 2 ½ star B&B, we are affordable and we are comfortable. We have been working hard to improve our service according to the reviews from our real stayed guests. For this reason, we thank all of our guests’ suggestions and comments.
Thirdly, we did put a Microwave in the right place. We never have any conflict regarding to the amount and the way of their payment. We always charge credit cards with authorization. The reason why I did not respond to the previous negative reviews until now is because the 2 negative reviewers were not in my guest name list. So we didn’t know what was going on
In conclusion, I appreciate your review and wish you have a Merry Christmas. I could have same concern if I were you and was going to book an accommodation where I had never been.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I was quite happy with my room, which was clean and comfortable and had everything that I needed. At one stage plumbers were working for two days near my room and I was offered an upgrade to a queen room further away from the noise, which I appreciated but didn't take up. The proprietors were honest, friendly and willing to help in any way they could with any problem which may have arisen.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Jean139
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Bathroom absolutely stunk of urine. Owners did try to clean it up by pouring bleach down toilet & drain but this made no difference. Doesn't smell like fresh urine - suspect the problem has been there a long time. Room was very cold despite the heater going. No milk supplied for tea & coffee - my friends room had the fridge & microwave in the bathroom. Would rather stay at a Backpackers ..... & that's saying something.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Maire56

Travelers are raving about these Chatswood hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatswood
Mantra Chatswood
Royal Pacific Hotel
#2 of 2 in Artarmon
Silkari Suites at Chatswood
The Sebel Residence Chatswood

Been to Chatswood Inn? Share your experiences!