“Great hospitality, wonderful value”
Review of Cessnock Motel

Cessnock Motel
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Cessnock
Oxfordshire, England
“Great hospitality, wonderful value”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed for two nights in October 2013. Nothing was too much trouble, the room was clean and comfortable. We had a cooked breakfast on the first morning before our wine tour. The wine tour was recommended by Cecile and paid for through the motel, it was excellent.
On the second morning having got up a little later to drive back to Sydney Cecile recommended we try the coffee shop at a nearby nursery which was delicious.
You can't go wrong with this motel, Cecile is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Get in touch with Cecile before your trip if there's anything you aren't sure about.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The motel is conveniently located in Cessnock within walking distance to its main street. It is well maintained and very clean. One of very few motels with surface space around the bathroom sink and the shower for placing toiletries. Also the ceiling light is unusual for hotel and motel rooms and provides good illumination of the room. The hosts are helpful and responsive. Due to its location on a main road, some trafic noise can be noticed by light sleepers.
Warmly recommended.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed for one night. The room was very clean. Had all the expected facilities all in good shape. A good choice for a motel in the Hunter valley area.Cecile is a very friendly host. The location was very convenient to go to the Opera in the Vineyard. Will be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at Cessnock Motel to attend a weekend sporting event and I was so impressed with the cleanliness and the level of service I received that I am more than happy to recommend to others.My room was the cleanest I've ever stayed in,and and very well maintained.I've paid a lot of money to stay in International 5 star hotels that were not as clean as my room at Cessnock Motel.The owners Celeste & Bernd are very caring & friendly,and treated me like I was extended family-I felt very comfortable there.Celeste even offered me a late check-out so that I could return from my bike ride and shower before my long drive home-that's service above & beyond what was expected and I was extremely greatful for the shower! The Motel is very conveniently located to the vineyards-just a short drive away,and the main street of Cessnock is only a short walk away.I would be very happy to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KickingHorseBC
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This motel is the place that is more like a home environment. The owner of the place is amazing. She is the lady who is always there to help the people around and give them suggestions. The service was absolutely amazing and the room was cleaned. If you are planning to visit there and have no ideas about the surrounding, you don't have to worry about that. Celeste (the lady) will help you and guide you throughout your trouble or any confusion.
This motel is the my best so far........

Also, there are plenty of Fast Food near the motel. If you get hungry at the middle of the night, Mc Donald is open 24 hrs and you can just take a walk from the motel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnnieA160
Terrigal, NSW
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a 2 nite stay here and I must say it was a very pleasant alternative to the more expensive accommodation offerings in Pokolbin. The room was very clean and comfortable, the room service breakfast was very reasonably priced and well cooked, and Celeste the owner was so friendly and helpful with recommendations on where to eat and places to visit. All in all we had a very pleasant stay and would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bernie W
Sydney
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Cessnock Motel was recommended to our unit by a local. After staying it proves always do research and ask people who have local knowledge. Some reviews on this sight describe their room as "Immaculate". Now that we stayed there I agree and can say that apart from immaculate one can see the attention to detail which the lovely owners put into not just the rooms but the whole complex and fresh cooked breakfast. I cannot remember when I received a Motel breakfast delivered to my room when the scrambled eggs were still steaming hot! We stayed for Business but now at least we know a place in the Hunter which is central to everything and at least if it's a rainy day, you won't mind staying in the room due to it's cleanliness and comfort. Thank you Celest.

Room Tip: Just ask the owner what you would like and they are very accommadating to all their customers.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 1Humph-rey-25
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cessnock
Wine Country Motor Inn
Wine Country Motor Inn
#3 of 16 in Cessnock
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
Potters Hotel & Brewery
Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley
Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley

Been to Cessnock Motel? Share your experiences!