Cessnock Motel
  • Pool
  • Pool
Tower Lodge(Pokolbin)
View Hotel
All reviewsher husbandhunter valleywonderful hostswithin walking distancewine tourovernight stoprooms were spotlessgreat place to staylarge showerstay there againchristmas lightsconcert weekendnothing is too muchspa roomfamily roomcooked breakfastshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived, we have had the very best stay.
Hospitality and welcoming par excellence!
We drew up at Reception and the door was opened to welcome us in.
The proprietors could not do more for us during our stay to make us feel comfortable.
We really liked being served dinner in our room - we selected our meals from a local restaurant's menu and everything was taken care of, brought to our room and plated for us. We enjoyed a local bottle of wine with the meal.
Breakfast was so well cooked and presented too.
The room was modern and immaculately presented.
There is a pool too and outdoor furniture on the pool deck.
Altogether this stay could not have been bettered.
Congratulations to proprietors, Celeste and Bernd!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 11, 2013

A surprise and highlight of my winetasting adventure in Hunter Valley was the Cessnock Motel. When a friend suggested that it was THE place to stay in the Cessnock area, I cautiously agreed to give it a try [remembering some bad experiences and the unevenness of motels in the United States]. Wow, was I pleasantly surprised to find a gem. From the time you walk into the reception and meet Celeste, you know you have discovered a little bit of heaven. The room was expertly decorated, modern, impeccably clean, and extremely comfortable. Bernd and Celeste went out of their way to make certain that I quickly got the lay of the [winetasting] land, especially for exploring HV Shiraz. I had arrived on the Friday of a holiday weekend, and Celeste made certain with a quick call that I could reserve a table for dinner at the 221 Restaurant at the Royal Oak Hotel. Kylie at 221 squeezed me in and, at first bite there, I knew that I had been introduced to another HV gem! Celeste and Bernd, thank you so very much for a marvelous stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A wonderful place to stay! We had a double room for my parents as well as a double room for myself and my girlfriend. Both rooms were immaculately clean, spacious enough and cosy. Air conditioners worked well and Celeste went to great lengths to explain that if we needed anything at all she would accommodate. Breakfast was freshly prepared and served to us in the pool area which was beautiful.
The motel itself is located in the heart of Cessnock, within walking distance to some great restaurants and an easy drive to some more great restaurants and wineries.

Celeste knows the area very well and was always happy to chat or to give tips on dinner and tours for those new to the area. She organised a wine tour at a discounted rate for us also.

Will definitely be back and would recommend anyone to try it!

Room Tip: If you're in a group and weather is nice/warm, ask Celeste to put breakfast out by the pool, a great way to start the day!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MrLewisc
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Cessnock Motel is a great little complex located really close to the wineries in the Hunter Valley. The apartment was very clean with modern furnishings and bathroom. Great shower! The only issue I had with the room was how dark it was - the windows didn't seem to let in much light.

Service here is extremely friendly and helpful, booking us on a wine tour and providing kitchen equipment. Breakfast can be bought on top of the room price and although the menu was extensive, we did think the portion of muesli was quite small for the money. Finally, the room did let in a lot of noise from the garage behind the building and the other guests who were drinking outside their rooms. We're not light sleepers so it didn't affect us too much, but it is something to consider when booking.

On the whole I would recommend staying here if you are spending time in the Hunter Valley and want somewhere that is good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RLM1981
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Visiting Hunter Valley for a family wedding and we needed an economical motel that would allow early check-in for our family group of 9; age range 3 years to 91 years. In sorting out the bookings Celeste was very helpful, fitting us into the best mix of rooms. Once there, nothing was a problem and Bernd was flexible with the breakfast order for the children when they woke up early. Rooms were clean and modern; hot water was hot and Celeste and Bernd could not have been more welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family