Wine Country Motor Inn
$130
Kurri Motor Inn(Kurri Kurri)
$82
$93
$84
$91
$84
Agoda.com
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley(Lovedale)(Great Value!)
$135
$67
$80
$64
  • Pool
All reviewsleagues clubcontinental breakfasthunter valleyair conditionershopping centreshort driveconvenient locationcoffee clubplenty of parkingplace to stayfree wificomfortable bedwine countryrooms are cleandefinitely stay here againgood sizelovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Hard to fault this place. Okay, it is not right in the centre of the vineyards, but if you have a car, you can be there in 5-10 minutes. Very modern, however the only anomaly is their purchase of old style NEC TV's. They work okay, but I could not connect my media player to it for some reason. Everything else is great.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
bruva3, Manager at Wine Country Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

Thank you for your comments and rating- I am the new manager of Wine Country Motor Inn and I have just ordered new flat screen televisions- also making several other changes that I am sure you will find an improvement
Your comments , as are all comments, helpful to us as we strive to improve our facilities and services

Reviewed September 9, 2010

We've stayed here 3 times now, and love coming back. The staff are more than helpful, if you want to do a winery tour (let's face it, who wants to drive?) they pick up from the door and the receptionist stopped us once on the way out to pass us some discount coupons for places the tour stopped. Then when you come back it's a 2m wander across the driveway to the RSL for an evening drink, or go through the shopping centre (if you want to grab your own continental breakfast or something) to the main road for cafes (breakfast choices aplenty) or restaurants (both the Indian & Thai were lovely). You're even right across from the cinema if you want something else to do.

We went from here across to Newcastle once, and you would have fit THAT hotel room into the bathroom at Cessnock - lots of room to spread out and relax.

Basically, if your purpose is to go up the Hunter Valley, relax, enjoy the wineries with someone else driving, and forget about your car until you head home - this is the best way to do it - you couldn't get anything better placed.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CrystalsQuest
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I've stayed here a few times before and overall would recommend this hotel. I did have a bit of a hiccup this time when they gave me the wrong keycard & room and ended up going into someone's room while they were sleeping! They fixed this up but not with any great apologies though. They are now doing continental breakfast which was good. I would recommend staying here if you need to go to Cessnock and surrounds but not the best hotel for the heart of the Hunter Valley (being about a 25/30 min drive away)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2010

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night as we had a wedding in the Hunter Valley. We checked into our room 2 hours before check in which the staff were more than happy to accommodate. This really suited us as we needed to get ready for the wedding which started at 2pm! Our room was located on the middle floor which I was nervous about as we normally try and request a top floor room so we don't get woken up by people above us. This hotel however was super quiet and we did not hear a thing! The room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only 2 things which were a little irritating was the lighting was poor, especially when applying makeup before a wedding, not much natural sunlight and the lights were not bright enough. And the shower was very spitty which made it hard to wash. The shower head was leaking so this also may have interfered with the water pressure?
All in all, a nice place to stay for one night especially when all hotels in Pokolbin have a 2 night minimum stay. This hotel is great as it let's you stay only 1 night! I would stay here again for sure.

Reviewed January 13, 2010

Nice clean room. Helpful staff. The smoke alarm is way to sensitive and went off twice in one hour. 10 mins drive to the vineyards

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple