“Good Variety of Food”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
australia
“Good Variety of Food”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Menu has a very good and interesting choice of dishes at reasonable prices. The 4 of us ordered a variety of meals all of which were excellent in flavor, however the lamb and chicken ones were very low in quantity of meat. BYO means that you can drink the wine bought earlier at the nearby Vinyards.
Easy to find location in main shopping street.

Visited October 2013

Karachi, Pakistan
“Best Option in Cessnock for Indian Food”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Came to the Hunter Valley and was pleasantly surprised to find an Indian outlet, so despite the comments, had to try it out. The facilities are very basic and so is the decor. The service is a bit slow because everything is freshly cooked, as I asked later from the Chef, as nothing is precooked, so service does take time.
It's a bit pricey but given the location ie Cessnock, it is good value. The food is quite good, given that its freshly cooked. Would recommend Palak Paneer, Butter Nans, and the chilli prawns.

• Visited May 2013
Hunter Valley, NSW
“Good food but it's expensive & takes forever!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I miss living in the city where I can walk down the street & choose from over 30 different styles of cuisine so I was pretty excited to have Indian food again. We decided on take away as the children were tired so I went into town & ordered butter chicken, lamb korma, rice & naan bread. It wasn't a big order so I was surprised when the waitress said it would be 30 minutes. I was even more surprised when it was closer to 50 minutes!

The restaurant was empty. There was one other take away order ahead of mine (which the kitchen got wrong). The kitchen wasn't busy so there's no reason the food should take so long.

Also, the price was too high. Over $70 for what I ordered is scandalous! I think they're cashing in on the tourist element in the area but if the tourists are from a city they won't be impressed by the price either!

Anyway, we won't be back. The food was good but not worth the price or the wait!

“Delicious food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I got takeaway from Indian at Hunter. I love my food really hot and they didn't disappoint. The chicken Tikka Masala was really good, as was the Naan bread, papadums and condiments. Very tasty and well priced

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank James M
Sydney, Australia
“Worst Indian Restaurent”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had a very bad experience at this restaurent.
Service was very poor, I had ask for water 3 times and i had to wait for 20 approx to place an order.
Food was even worst, Oily food, not even near to authentic taste, worst curry taste ever.

I ordered the Coke and in glass there was flyes.
waste of money!!!