“Best Damn Pizza's in the South West of Sydney”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Fornaia Pizzeria
Ranked #106 of 281 Restaurants in Bankstown
Cuisines: Italian
sydney
“Best Damn Pizza's in the South West of Sydney”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Wood fired pizza. Mega Toppings. Great atmosphere. Friendly staff. Quality all the way. If you can find Condell Park, you can find this wonderful Pizza Restaurant. It is crowded and full of atmosphere but sooooo good. Also does a wonderful take away. Try it !

• Visited May 2013

Ibiza, Spain
“Still a favourite and I have been visiting for over a decade now”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Tucked away in Sydney's south west is a little gem.

It has been the local favourite for years and one must wonder why it never actually made it to trip advisor.

La Fornaia is a family owned pizzeria. The family that run it are a very traditional Italian family.

Ever since I can remember this restaurant has been consistent with its pizza making abilities.

The regular order on a Friday for us is a Family sized supreme and some garlic bread (made traditionally in a wood fire oven).

The restaurant is booked out solidly on fridays and saturdays so our experience has been to book ahead. You can of course always pick up your pizza's.

What i like about this little restaurant is the transparency in how the food is made. The entire pizza making process is done in plain site. Watching the guy spin the dough in the air is almost trance like at times - its just so effortless for them.

The flavours are fantastic.

The only criticism I would give is that I don't ever get the feeling that some of us are recognised as long term customers. I have been going there for over 10 years now and doing pick ups mostly but I've never had the feeling that I was acknowledged as someone they remembered. I am knit picking here! - the service is exactly the style of service I have and would expect to receive in Italy - I think it is typical of the culture and probably Europe in general.

The restaurant does not only pizza's but their fettucine boscaiola is fantastic - the pasta tastes fresh (whether it is made on site or not I am unsure).

• Visited April 2012