“Best bed & breakfast we've stayed in!”

Somerset House Farm
Stocksfield, United Kingdom
“Best bed & breakfast we've stayed in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Very clean, comfortable & cosy. FABULOUS hospitality from Ashley & Andy. We have stayed in many bed & breakfasts in the UK & this is one we will definitely be returning to. As our 8 year old daughter said " it was the best"....& "breakfast was great!". When you experience such good service, with the personal touch, you want to shout about it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CatherineM63
AshleyVaughanWatson, Owner at Somerset House Farm, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Great review, your a lovely family and i'm pleased that your daughter rated us so highly :)
( It probably had something to do with the fact it's like living in a small zoo lol )
We hope to see you again, best wishes Ashley :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Billingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Really enjoyed our one night stay at Somerset House Farm on Saturday 22nd February 2014. The B&B is a converted farm with stacks of character. The room was spacious and well furnished. The two lads who run the place were excellent hosts and couldn’t do enough for us. They create a very welcoming atmosphere and have built the place to reflect a rural experience, ideal for those who enjoy the outdoors. The breakfast was first class as was the service. This is one of the best B&B’s we have stayed in and we will certainly be returning soon

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you, we really enjoyed your stay.
Great review and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay. Also a massive thank you for your £10.00 donation to our "Bird Rescue North Yorkshire" that we have recently opened :)
Mansfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We've had a wonderful stay at Somerset House B&B. The welcome was like being greeted by a long standing friend who was more than happy to help in anyway.
We were due to see a show in Sunderland which meant we would be returning very late, again no problem whatsoever.
Breakfast was lovely with a wide choice.
Defiantly 1 to recommend and stop at again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cracking review, thank you.
I bang on about it all the time, but you get out what you put in, and you are a lovely couple that where warm and friendly towards us,
Whangarei, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had the great pleasure of staying at Somerset House farm recently when visiting UK from New Zealand I wanted something different from the normal boring Hotel experience and I found it in bucketfuls at SHF. I stayed in the converted barn and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. SHF is easy to find and convenient to the main A19, ideal for exploring beautiful N Yorkshire. Ashley and Andrew made me feel at home which is always a bonus when one is so far away from home. The guys have a great sense of humour and nothing was too much trouble, Andy even gave me a haircut, he is a qualified hairdresser with great skills. Breakfast was superb every morning, some hotels trot out food that has been warming but NOT at SHF, fresh, hot and plentiful. I have recommended SHF to my Kiwi friends who will be visiting the UK and particularly North Yorkshire this summer. Both Ashley and Andrew are local lads and recommended places to visit, one gem was nearby Stokesley with a visit to the White Swan which only serves its own brewed beer, what a find. Thanks guys for a memorable trip. Nga mihi mo to manaakitanga mai. Ka kite ano. (Thank you for your kindness. I will see you again) In Te Reo Maori.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Chris, Wow that's a review and a half !
Thank you and we are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay :)
We look forward to meeting your Kiwi friends if they choose to stay with us,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Thanks for an excellent overnight stay. We felt so comfortable and welcome in your home from home that we will definately come back to stay, hopefully in the summer when we could fully appreciate all your facilities.

• Stayed February 2014
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would look forward to a return visit from you in the summer, Best wishes,
Media, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I just departed the SHF after a 1 week stay. My friend Gary has been a guest there for the better part of four months. So he recommended I stay there as well. I was reluctant at first as I always thought of myself as a traditional hotel guy. I have stayed at many in the Stockton/Yarm area over the years as my travels take me to this area several times a year.

Breakfasts were great; traditional English... Ashley and Andy are in a word FANTASTIC! The accomodations were very comfortable, and clean. The place has a warmth to it. I stayed in the converted barn, which has three nicely appointed rooms and a library with a walk out to a patio/garden area. The nice part of that was there is plenty of privacy, being separate from the main farm house where my friend was staying.

I am sure Gary had prepared them for my quick wit and charming personality, as our banter by the week's end was like family. It allowed for a true sense it was home I was returning to every night. Thanks to the guys for a great week! I Look forward to returning in the near future. All the best to SHF... Ashley, Andy, the girls Molly and Betty, Coco and their new arrival Hope.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
AshleyVaughanWatson, Owner at Somerset House Farm, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Bill Bill Bill, what can I say ?
You arrived as a guest and both Andy and myself feel you left as a friend. We had a blast, really enjoyed the wit and banter, although you have to get up earlier to be wittier than me.
Jokes aside, as with Gary we feel we've made some good friends for life ( you have changed my American dad ideology of the USA lol )
Thank you so much, and for you generosity and we look forward to your next business trip,
Goole
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have to say this is the first review we have ever done. So impressed I felt it would be unfair to Ashley and Andy (the hosts) to come away and not leave a review. Just returned from an overnight. This was our first visit to Somerset house Farm. We had a fantastic stay. Room and breakfast was fantastic. Read previous reviews I would agree with the vast majority of positive comments. Re the sad minority of negative ones bemused by their comments and amused by Ashleys feedback. Haha
Will definitely be returning!

• Stayed February 2014
Your first review and its for us, what can I say. We have had a really good run with really nice guests recently and you are no exception. Like I said in a previous response we should be able to rate guests, and if we could you would be up there at the top,
Many thanks, and look forward to seeing you again, Ashley :)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingleby Arncliffe
#1 of 1 in Great Broughton
Swan House
Swan House
#7 of 23 in Northallerton

Been to Somerset House Farm? Share your experiences!