“Somerset House Farm”

Somerset House Farm
Bishops Stortford, England, United Kingdom
“Somerset House Farm”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have just spent a great couple of nights here while visiting family nearby. Accommodation is stylish and very comfortable and Ashley is a wonderful host - nothing is too much trouble and he is very welcoming. Our kids (ages 3 and 6) loved the geese, chickens, sheep and fishpond, not to mention the lovebirds. Would definitely recommend this B&B t anyone looking for quality accommodation in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sally W
Ashley W, Owner at Somerset House Farm, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Sally, thank you so much for taking the time and effort to leave me a review. You, Adam and the kids were a pleasure to have stay. Hope to see you next year :o)
It's very much appreciated, have a prosperous 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Lovely accomodation - comfortable beds , lovely decor -warm and comfortable facilities all round. Andy and Ashley were excellent hosts and did all they could to make us feel entirely at home. As the pub was shut they made us an excellent supper at short notice and a good breakfast next morning. Definitely a good place to stay.

We were in the annex which was very quiet with no sign of any road noise. It was not intrusive in the main house so I would ignore other comments on this issue. None of the 12 in our party noticed the road noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank john h h
ash355, Owner at Somerset House Farm, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and It was an absolute pleasure to have your party stay with us.
We are looking into the whole evening meal thing again and may start that for the 2013 walking season :o)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here overnight as I was in the area on business. The ability to be flexible with check in time (prior arranged with Ashley and kept up to date via text messages) was extremely helpful as I didn't know what time I would be getting away from my day's meetings.

Positioned on the side of the A19 was easy to find and very handy for a quick getaway in the morning without having to travel off the beaten track. While I was aware that I could hear the road, the double glazing, wooden blinds and curtains cut out most of the noise and it didn't disturb my night.

I had a large double in the main house which was well decorated to a high standard with a very comfortable bed and bed linen. The bathroom was clean and one of the best showers for pressure that I have come across in a while. Wifi reception was good and fast so the inevitable late work wasn't held up. The whole house was warm (a little too warm at times although there was apparently a thermostat in the room that I missed).

Breakfast was good, with a choice of the full works and cereal/fruit juice. All cooked fresh by the looks of it and a good set up for the day.

I hope to make it back some time for pleasure rather than business!

Room Tip: Only saw the one room but the barn conversion looked good for a bit more separation from the owners...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Derek M
ash355, Owner at Somerset House Farm, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
What a great way to start my day !! Thank you very much for your kind words, they really do make it all worthwhile. See you soon and please tell all your colleagues about us ! Kindest regards and best wishes
Sandy, UK
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay - the accommodation is top class, stylish, clean, comfortable, with loads of facilities - some we just didn't get time to utilize - and very spacious too. The food is delicious and the proprietors - Andy and Ashley - go out of their way to be helpful and yet not imposing, leaving us free to enjoy our own company and free to make best use of their facilities. As an example of how wonderful these people are, I had left my phone and charger and they kindly sent that back to me and wouldn't allow me to pay for the postage - how good is that?.
The A19 runs close by, but not withstanding the noise generated from the road, the rooms are quiet (unless you choose to open the windows fully!) and I can easily say I had the best nights sleep of the fortnight here! I'd highly recommend staying here, And If you're doing the coast to coast walk - this is "must" stay...

Room Tip: There were 12 of us staying and each person said their rooms were really good. I believe all rooms h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alban M
A cracking review thank you so much it was a pleasure and All 12 of you were lovely :o)
The day we posted your phone back to you we also posted 2 chargers, 1 cardigan, 1 pair of boots, 2 pair of shorts, ( and a partridge in a pear tree !! ) I think we need to open a Post Office courier account. Thanks again, really appreciated.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We travel all over the country staying in all manor of accommodation and this was our second time staying here in 8 weeks. I was genuinely looking forward to returning. Ashley takes immense pride in providing top notch well equipped rooms that are immaculately turned out. The welcome is warm and your comfort and well being is the number one priority.
The Helicopter landing site is one of my favourites to land at too.
Be seeing you next year.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Flashover999
Absolute fantastic review, thank you :o)
Loving the fact we are becoming a heliport lol, Thank you again and see you soon :o)
Halifax, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here with friends during August 2012 and it was a really nice place to stay, very clean, friendly staff and not to expensive. The owner even gave us a lift down to the local pub, which was really nice of him after our long days walk. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dan B
ash355, Owner at Somerset House Farm, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to leave a good review, it's very much appreciated and really pleased you enjoyed your stay :o)
MELBOURNE
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Not sure about all the glowing reports, we thought this was pretty ordinary. Breakfast was less than ordinary, no yoghurt, orange juice the reconstituted type no alternative juices. Room was quite nice and for a b&b a reasonable size. Other people that stayed here that we met on the track agreed with us. Did not enjoy the traffic at 5.00 am onwards.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pogglesgrandma
ash355, Owner at Somerset House Farm, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Another fabulous review from Australia, lol. I suspect I know who's hidden behind their computer and left this so it's not worth being derogatory in my response. The other reviews speak for themselves :o) Thank you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingleby Arncliffe
#8 of 23 in Northallerton
Porch House
Porch House
#3 of 23 in Northallerton

Been to Somerset House Farm? Share your experiences!