“Ensure your double check your booking for accuracy”

Ramada Encore Dandenong
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Dandenong
Reviewed February 2, 2010

We stayed for leisure a basketball tournament locally. Clean hotel, with breakfast included . Staff were friendly and helpful, however on checkin the family room we had booked was not available, they upgraded me to 2 rooms, not located next to each other, this was then changed to 2 queen rooms one smoking room and one non smoking room next to each other without interconnecting doors. Great if I had teenage kids but they are 10 and 7 and did not want to sleep in their own room, nor was I impressed about allowing them, there were no roll away beds available so we ended up with one kid in bed with me and one on the floor in a makeshift bed out of extra quilts, no compensation offered, free internet access and mall accross the road, but overall I was disappointed with the stay. I know they were busy this time of year but I had a long term booking and would have made alternative arrangements if I had known they couldnt offer what was booked.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Auschoppy

Reviewed January 14, 2010

OK - was not my no.1 choice of location, though with easy access down to Phillip Island, and then up in the Dandenongs, also being 40mins from the city centre by train, the practicalities of this hotel were superb! I stayed for 3 nights over Jan - though the hotel offered conference facilities, it was not busy, as high season.

Stayed here with family for very cheap price. After an initial problem with 1 room, we were switched to another, but the hotel is modern (about 4yrs old), and feeling of space when walking around. Rooms are modest, have the essentials, and have the benefit of great bathroom facilities, FREE high speed internet (wired), and yes - they included the cable. Had a room with double and a single, so a bit limited on space. LCD tv more than adequate with Fox Sports, Nickelodeon (good for the kids), National Geo and the standard free to air channels.

Breakfast was included (and a good spread of fruit, yoghurt, cereals as well as hot food), in the price - indeed was the cheapest night of a 4week stay in Australia, though had great extras! Parking was secure in a locked garage above street level, so was safe there too. Hotel opposite shopping centre and local cinema.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Stayed here for 1 week during April 2009 - stayed in a 'courtyard' room - definately liked the extra space as the rooms are reasonably small. Definately need more desk space if you are staying for business as their LCD TV's take up pretty much the entire 'desk'.

Room service and onsite restaurant available for breakfast and dinner - food was very good. Undercover parking a plus along with large shopping centre and cinema complex across the road.

Staff were excellent. Rooms are very spartan but I love the complimentary slippers - keeps the noise down on the wooden floors I'm guessing.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Ramada Encore Hotel Dandenong for two nights and we loved it!

We arrived very late at night, but the person at the reception was very friendly, kind, and helpful.

We also loved the hot breakfast that was included in our tariff.
It was very complete and filling. We had scrambled eggs, beans, bacon and sausage, toasts, yoghurt, juice, coffee--this gave us the good start to the day!!

The location is fantastic too. It is right across from a huge mall with many shops in it. It is literally 20steps away!
While it is quite far from Melbourne, we had a car and didn't mind driving, so it was totally OK with us.

The hotel has a good size gym which is open 24 hours with a TV screen and also a little kitchenette with microwave, fridge, sink, and stove.

The room was nice. It has a good shower, comfortable hard bed, and a nice TV. It is modern, clean, and just a nice place to stay. The hotel offers free wireless internet access however, it was down when we were there.

I know I only have good things to say about this place. I have been to many many hotels more expensive than this and didn't have a pleasant stay, but I really liked this hotel and if I go to Melbourne area with a car, I would definitely go back!!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 8, 2007

If you need or want to stay in Dandenong (about 30 km from Melbourne) this is a wonderful place to stay and we were very pleasantly surprised. The staff were excellent and 'above and beyond' the call. The decor is very modern and attractive. Breakfast was included and the buffet was more than adequate.
In short, a highly recommended hotel. Don't bother looking any further if you need accom in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 11, 2007

Nothing but praise for this hotel.

Somehow Expedia had not sent our reservation to them despite getting the usual confirmation by e-mail from Expedia.
This could have been very embarrassing because we knew that our flight from Singapore would be arriving early hours of morning and this was to be our overnight stop off before travelling on to the relatives we were visiting.

Fortunately the guy on reception was very sympathetic when we arrived at 2 am. He could not have made us more welcome. Even arranging a change of room after we realised our first room was non-smoking.

The buffet breakfast later in the morning was excellent. Usual continental fayre with full fry up added as well. Excellent introduction to our stay in Australia.

9 hours after we arrived at the hotel we had to leave. Our relatives were there to pick us up.

If you need an overnight budget priced hotel in or around the eastern outskirts of Melbourne,with what I would express as 5 star quality, look no further than the Ramada Encore.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2007

Bright modern rooms, secure undercover parking, shopping / cinemas right across the road. We love staying here as we don't have to worry about car parking and once set can shop or go to the movies right across the road.

Stayed: January 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dandenong
Ibis Budget Dandenong
1 mi away
Dandenong Motel Melbourne
Dandenong Motel Melbourne
#5 of 5 in Dandenong

Been to Ramada Encore Dandenong? Share your experiences!