“Meh”

Cuisines: Australian
Melbourne
“Meh”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had heard about Hogs Breath but never been - so we decided to try it one day for lunch. There was no one else in the restaurant when we got there and this should have been our first clue. We were shown to a booth/table by a young waitress, actually all the staff were very young. They were friendly enough just inexperienced and kind of looked lost. There was a strange smell to the place that I couldn't put my finger on. The steaks were tough and thin, the curly fries were obviously cheap and frozen, the décor was fun and gave you plenty to look at but wasn't enough to make me want to come back. My children won a free meal with their colouring in (although I think every child does) but they refused to go back and claim them, so I don't think they were impressed either.

• Visited December 2013

Perth, Australia
“Could have been better”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We met a group of friends here for a catch up dinner as it was central to all of us,
The restaurant was packed when we got there, the young lady at front counter was very friendly,
we were seated in a room with 4 long tables, which was still roomy enough to get into your seats,
We ordered drinks and the waitress took our food order from around the table so it was in order,
the drinks arrived at the table, but half of them were wrong, then the young male waiters arrived with the food and had no idea who ordered what, I ended up taking the food off them and handing it out myself.
The food itself was very dry and quite a small serve, I actually asked the waitress if it was an entree size serve (my partners serve was a good size), and my partners salad was very soggy, the garlic bread was the best part of the meal.
They were very busy the night we were there but they had plenty of wait staff to cover, maybe if they were a bit more organized it would have been better.
My partner and I stay in the Dandenong area when in Melbourne, but I don't know if we would return to this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013