“delicious food and great service”

Kluska Polish Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 249 Restaurants in Dandenong
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This place is in a cute little cottage surrounded by modern buildings near Dandenong Plaza, with plenty of parking around. There is also an outdoor seating area with warm blankets provided. As you enter the building, you can study various photographs showing life in the old days.
We did not reserve a table and arrived as a larger private party was held in one of the rooms.
Without delay, we were greeted and seated in a smaller room. The waitresses with a charmimg polish accent were very friendly and took time to explain the menu, despite them being also busy with the party. We definetely were made to feel welcome, something you don't often experience these days, especially with two little children in tow!
The food arrived within 20 minutes, we followed the recommendation of our host and ordered a selection from the menu: Borscht soup, various dumplings with meat and veggie fillings, Schnitzel and later desserts. The food was fresh and very delicious, with generous portions and reasonable prices.
There is also an impressive list of Vodkas from all over the world.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

On a recent visit to Melbourne my family and I enjoyed a wonderful evening at Kluska Polish Restaurant in Dandenong. The family-run business boasts a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere and fantastic traditional cuisne. The prices are very reasonable and the serves are generous. The service was impeccable. One son and I had ordered a type of filled homemade dumpling and the owner actually came over to tell us that the dumplings were made from scratch to ensure the best result and would take about 20 minutes to make. She asked if we were happy to wait that long. I have waited over an hour at other restaurants (with no word from staff) and the food was not nearly as good as that at Kluska! The waitress(owner's daughter) was so friendly and spent time teaching us how to pronounce all the dishes and how to say 'thank you' in Polish. My meal of mushroom filled pyzy (dumplings) and sauerkraut was divine - I only managed to eat half because it was so filling - but my sons were happy to finish it off! I really wanted to try the sweets (poppyseed cake and Polish doughnuts) but couldn't fit it in but the staff were very happy to package some up for us to take home. On the way out we noticed some beautiful photos along the walls of the entry hall and as we stopped to admire them the waitress took time again to explain that the photos were of real places in Poland (family farm etc). The whole experience felt like dining out with friends in a family home. Lovely food, fantastic service, wonderful atmosphere, and value for money. I actualy questioned the bill because I thought they had omitted something - it was much cheaper than I had expected. My only gripe is I live in Tasmania!!! I will definitely be re-visiting Kluska whenever I travel to Melbourne!

3  Thank Sylvia B