“Loved it!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dandenong
Geelong, Australia
“Loved it!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I am a woman that travels around the state on business. I usually stay at 5 star hotels but since our company had some budget cuts I now must stay 3-3.5 star properties.

Thinking the worst I didn't expect much from a 3.5 star property but I was pleasantly surprised at the Comfort Inn Dandenong. I chose to upgrade my room type to an executive room....WOW this was better than most 5 star rooms I have stayed in!

The room was very clean and housekeeping girls went out of their way to find me some personal toiletries that I had forgotten to pack.

Back to the room, it was huge, it was clean and it was extremely comfortable. I enjoyed my spa bath after work each day and even went to the little gym they have near the pool which was perfect. The bed was so comfortable I just didn't want to get out of it in the mornings.

I only ate at the restaurant once during my 4 day stay and it was was very reasonable and affordable. Most of my meals I ordered through room service and i was not disappointed with the quality.

The location was perfect being close to all my clients in the area. Off street parking was easy secure and free.

The staff just couldn't do enough to make my stay enjoyable.

Comfort Inn Dandenong...You converted me and I will be back!!!!!

Room Tip: Guys ask for room 301 its awesome! I don't know what the other rooms look like but 301is perfect...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Marry Ann S
Muhammad Y, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dandenong, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for your review and for highlighting what an outstanding service my team. Delighted to know that this was a great start to stay at 3.5 star hotel after budget cut of your company. Your recommendation is also greatly appreciated as it still is the best form of advertising. Thank you again.Sincerely, Muhammad Yousaf General Manage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tasmania
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We have just taken a very quick business trip and wanted somewhere quite central to the Dandenong area. I chose this accommodation after searching on the net due to price and facilities. Staff were impressive, cleanliness was average to good, and the restaurant on site was welcoming. Our room was quite ok, but mirrors needed a good clean as they were quite grotty, and I found hair slides on the carpet that were not mine. Pool was definitely not heated to advertised temperature and spa was much the same, so a quick dip saw us retreating for our room. I was very much looking forward to a meal in the restaurant, and the service was faultless. However I would not recommend anyone ordering steak as mine was cremated and as tough as boot leather. The dessert was a packet job and extremely light on. So I would advise dining elsewhere. Overall this hotel was ok for a quick weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ivy F, Manager at Comfort Inn Dandenong, responded to this review, January 29, 2016
Dear Client,

We are happy that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Hopefully to see you back soon.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this place and I found it quite dirty. The only thing that made us not pack up and leave was the young girl behind the counter. And behind the bar, and who also took our orders, brought our food and later fixed our TV. It seems she was the only one there our entire stay. She not only was tending to guests at reception and checking them in but also serving drinks at the bar and also the waitress for the duration of our stay. She was clearly run off her feet and we had to wait a little longer for our second round of drinks but she did apologise and also got on quite well with the kids. Id not only suggest hiring some more staff to work but also a good makeover for the entire place. I was a bit hesitant for my family to eat in the restaurant but the young girl convinced us to give it a go. Food was beautifully presented, tasty and quite reasonably priced. I would be hesitant to stay here again but the young girl did do her best to make it a memorable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MilanovicR

Dear Client,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Kaiapoi, New Zealand
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I booked this motel for the 6 nights we were in Melbourne. I had a look at the reviews after I booked and a few were really bad and I thought oh no what have we got ourselves into. But on arrival we were greeted with friendly staff and on entering our room was pleasantly surprised. It was clean and all we needed for a comfortable stay.

If I had to say anything that would make the stay more pleasurable is the tv took ages to turn on and sometimes turned off with no explanation. Had a couple of breakfasts and the bacon was burnt both times and eggs hard as. And maybe the place could do with a bit of fresh paint ect.

Apart from that I really enjoyed and never really heard much from the fire station next door. About a 20 min walk to train station or $6 taxi ride. Close to all amenities, fast food, liquor, supermarket, petrol.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: You can ask to see rooms before you rent. They had a special while we were there upgrade to a larger...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sue W
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Firstly let me say that I often come to Dandenong for business. I usually stay at another place but on this occasion I stayed here at the Comfort Inn with my wife.

I don't think many travelers are aware but any guest upon arrival can ask to inspect room types first. This gives you the opportunity to sample the offering before committing your credit card.

I checked the various room types and was quite impressed by the size of the rooms. There were certainly very clean and well maintained (I will go into maintenance later in this review).

Let me share all that I found.

Rooms: Clean and spacious. The bed was so comfortable and I slept so well there. The bathroom I would rate a 8/10 but was very clean tidy and functional. At first glance i thought the grout was old and tired but in fact it was the color chosen when it was tiled.

The Amenities were ample and of good quality. I personally like to make my own coffee in the morning and was happy with what was available. During my stay (4 days) I had a problem with the spa bath which i reported to the front desk. I don't think I had a chance to hang up the phone before I had a maintenance guy with his toolkit at the door. He fixed what turned out to be a minor problem within 10 minutes. After that my wife enjoyed a long relaxing spa bath while I watched Foxtel sports on the big flat screen TV from my bed.

Security: the property is well equipped with CCTV cameras and no one enters the hotel without being caught on camera. My car was safe parked off the street and both myself and wife felt secure.

Pool: The pool is not a large resort type pool but nicely set indoors. It had a spa which was nice indeed. Call me anal but if a pool is not spotless I wont go in it. In this case it was perfect and I relaxed in the pool after work rain or shine.

GYM: in every hotel stay i have had I have always insisted that it had a gym. This hotel has a small gym and well equipped for its size. Now that I have said that I have never used a hotel gym in my life! haha Maybe one day I will stop procrastinating and use the gym.

What I did use often was the sauna, wow it was awesome and so relaxing.

Dining: The restaurant was nice, clean and not cramped. Breakfast was simple but ample but most of all fresh and tasty. I did not have lunch there as it usually closed. Dinner was very good. The portions were large and the quality was excellent. I highly recommend the Curry Dishes. Yummy

Staff: the crew at the hotel were very nice. After the 3rd day there we got to know them well. What I liked most about them was the way they treated all the guests in the same friendly manner. Natalie was a sweetheart and my wife just loved Chris so much, he is such an entertaining character.

Location: as I said at the beginning of my review I have stayed at all hotels and motels in Dandenong. Our room was at the front of the property on the Princes Hwy and I could not hear a thing...it was great! The other places i stayed at had a real issue with noise from the road and from the next room. This hotel does not have paper thin walls which is great!

Its convenient to almost anything. The city is only about 20-30 minutes away and a good shopping mall just a 5 minute walk down the road.

Value for money: all hotels and motels in Dandenong are around the same price. So when it comes down to bang for your buck then the Comfort Inn wins hands down every time.

Sometimes when i read other reviews I cannot connect with what they say. I like to give a property a chance and if I like it I will write a good review and if i don't I just write what I experienced. Some reviews I read are over the top. I like to think that whoever reads any of my reviews will benefit from them. Its a good platform for hotels to lift their game or receive credit when its due. My review is based on a 3.5 Star experience and nothing more.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the front if u can...its great value and the rooms are huge! But ask to inspect the room...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vacationman065
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and family stayed in this hell hole on the october long weekend 2013. It was fine until we walked into our room. The floor tiles in the bathroom were cracked and broken. There was a THICK layer of dust around all the edges of the bathroom and the toilet hadn't been cleaned properly. The sheets on one of the beds had stains on them. Now for breakfast. We ordered room service for breakfast. It was delivered on time (the only good part about it). We ordered cereal, muffins, yogurt and coffee. We were delivered cereal (no milk), yogurt, instant coffee (already in the room [they have a proper coffee machine in the kitchen]) and instead of muffins we were sent COLD BURNT RAISIN TOAST. Now the fun part. We spent all night saturday night with islanders dealing drugs from the room down stairs. Apparently the staff know about this as they are there every weekend. Then there were the guys that decided to try and break into our room at 3AM on both saturday and sunday nights while we were trying to sleep. After telling the manager about this, we were told that they would look at the security camera footage and get back to us. Still waiting for them to do nothing about it. All in all, my wife two young daughters and our one month old son got less than no sleep and have had nothing done about it. PLEASE STAY WELL AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms at a different hotel!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nick F

Travelers are raving about these Dandenong hotels

Geelong
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this motel overnight in the July school holidays. One arrival we greeted with a carpark the resembled more of a tip surrounded by rooms. Within 15 mins of being in the room the headaches literally began since the room had literally just been painted. Fortunately the lovely staff swapped our room for less fumes . Foxtel (which was 2 channels :-/ ) was included (for one of our groups it was after after a technition was called to repair it ) and due to Metropolitan Fire Station next door spent a restless night awake. One of Our group paid for the buffet breakfast which again was awful... 2 overcooked eggs and one slice of charcoal bacon on cold toast. Yum. Definitely one to skip if you're after a 'Comfort' Inn.....

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Kasey G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dandenong
Ramada Encore Dandenong
#4 of 5 in Dandenong
Sandown Heritage Motel
Sandown Heritage Motel
#1 of 2 in Noble Park

Been to Comfort Inn Dandenong? Share your experiences!