“Clean and Comfortable”

Comfort Inn Dandenong
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dandenong
Reviewed December 7, 2012

having stayed at the Comfort Inn some time ago I was interested to se how it was now particularly after reading some of the reviews.
It was a pleasant surprise, all staff were very friendly and attentive, dinner was well cooked and well presented and made all the more enjoyable by the wait staff.
The room was large and clean and most important quiet. The motel does need updating and replacement of some of the older furniture but everything worked okay.
Good value for money and I will be staying again when next in Dandenong.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a good stay at the Comfort Inn. We run a motel in another state and have come down to Melbourne to catch up with family. Gill the owner, took us around the Motel and showed us various rooms and all the new work going on. We have stayed in over a hundred hotels over the years and I must say that the rooms are extremely big with comfortable beds amenities. Despite some of the negative reviews, we thought we would give it a try as it was very convenient with it's location. There have been many upgrades and renovations done in the rooms. New carpets, full bathrooms, tiling and some new furniture, so considering the price we paid, I would recommend you give it a try and if you have stayed before, you may be pleasantly surprised. Thank you to Gill and the staff who made our stay very welcoming.

Room Tip: Check the Websites for specials.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1TraveltheWorld
Management response:Responded December 5, 2012

Dear Ray

On behalf of the owner management and staff, we would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel, thank you for staying with us despite the negative reviews. We have taken all the negative reviews and our valuable customer reviews and done some refurbishments in the hotel. As you have seen we have done lot of work in to our room and bathrooms. Owner Gill with all staff continually working very hard to improve our standards and make Comfort Inn Dandenong the best hotel in Dandenong.
Again thank you for your review and we are waiting to welcome you again at our property soon

Reviewed November 28, 2012

came for a holiday in Melbourne and stayed here, dispite bad reviews we have booked the hotel as price was good, we found the hotel to our liking, rooms were renovated with new furniture and large lcd TV, we only stayed few hours in the hotel as we went site seen, comfortable bed and good breakfast, we didnt know when we booked that breakfast was included, very good value for money. only negative is there were lot of people working on the building doing renovation, it didnt really bother as we didnt saty much at day time

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded December 5, 2012

Dear Ash

Thank you for your feedback and reviewing our hotel, as you experienced we have done some renovations and refurbishments recently. We aim to improve our standards everyday and give a good comfortable experience to our guests. On behalf of the staff and management we would like to apologise for having many contractors working on site, we aim to minimise the disturbance and finish the work soon. Thank you again for your review.

General manager

Reviewed November 24, 2012

we stay there in feb 2012 we book two rooms for my family it looks nice on the inter net but when we arrive it had a yucky smell to the building ,the pool had flooties on it ,but so hot that day we still got in to cool off but never went under but when went home we got sick me and my husband,food well had one meal would not recommend food.
NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN SHOULD BE CLEAN UP OR CLOSE DOWN

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded November 26, 2012

Dear Sal

First of all thank you for your review on Comfort Inn Dandenong
My name is Prabath and I am the manager at the property.
I have decided to write a response to you review as you stayed on February 2012, since then we have done lot of renovations and refurbishments to property to update. We have taken in to consideration of many of our customer’s feedback and changed our rooms and facilities, some of the work still ongoing and we are planning to complete by mid December. Therefore I would like to apologise for your bad experience and I guarantee your next stay will be a completely different from previous one. Please do not hesitate to contact me on 03 9706 8611 if you wish to stay again.

Again thank you for your feedback

Comfort Inn Dandenong

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked a room with my wife last week and this hotel looks totally different . My room had brand new furniture ,carpets and paints .Our stay was made pleasant by the curtious and friendly attitude of Front office staff . I keep on coming back to this motel for the value of money and facilities that it offers.

Its location is very handy just on near the tollway to city and near to dandenong city . I would strongly recomend any who loves the peace and value for money .

I dearly loved the big bathroom size and spa this motel rooms posses .

RogersAAA

Room Tip: Ask for special on the executive rooms which have large size bathrooms with spa and couches.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank roger d
Management response:Responded November 20, 2012

Dear RogersAAA

Thank you for your review, recently we have started renovation of the whole hotel, I am sure you got one of the recently renovated rooms. We at Comfort Inn Dandenong are please that you have enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Oh dear ... Despite very welcoming & obliging staff this hotel was dark, dingy and in dire need of a makeover. Our room was tucked away at the end of a dark alley and although it was clean it looked and felt old and claustrophobic The television was ancient and wouldn't even work until a maintenance person was called. The breakfast/dining room/bar was dark and dingy with 70's colours and my overall feeling was "get me out of here" .....

• Stayed: September 2012
Management response:Responded November 20, 2012

Dear Viaggio46

Thank you for your review, we at Comfort Inn Dandenong would like to apologise for making your stay uncomfortable, Please note now we are under taking much needed Renovation and refurbishment of the whole hotel, work started on October 2012 and we are planning to finish 1st stage (80%) by first week of December 2012. Rooms are renovated to a modern style with modern technology. Please note we have taken your review very seriously and will do our best to address the issues you have pointed out. Again thank you for your review

kind Regards

Manager Comfort Inn Dandenong

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I booked this Hotel which included breakfast, because it was close to where we going. The other reasonwe booked this hotel was because it had an indoor pool and spa, and a spa in our room also. After I booked the hotel I went on trip adviser and read the reviews, which were not positive, so I rang the hotel and asked if any changes had been made and they assured me we would get a good room and the pool was up and running. The pool was cold water and dirty, not heated as stated, and when I mentioned this they told me to push a button, which did nothing! The room was old, however had been freshly carpeted and the heater was noisy, and the walls were not painted properly. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joandkevin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dandenong
Ibis Budget Dandenong
#1 of 1 in Forest Hill
Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley
Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley
#2 of 4 in Glen Waverley

Been to Comfort Inn Dandenong? Share your experiences!