“Tired but good service”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dandenong
Lakes Entrance
“Tired but good service”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This Motel is a little tired but what it lacks in modern decor etc it makes up for in customer service. Room was clean, bed comfortable and bathroom clean. Spa was tiny and probably one of the originals and access to wash basin partially obstructed by toilet. Service as very good. Considering price it was average overall but at least it was clean.

Room Tip: One on the ground floor
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We spent the previous night at the Motel across the road. We moved over to this one because the other was the pits. Good move. Extremely friendly reception staff. The room was bright and clean. Offered good value-for-money. If we were staying in the area again we would certainly think about this one.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Breakfast was a disaster , no tables,plates,cups, bread, no help everything was dirty..

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Dandenong hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I recently had some work in Melbourne, and instead of commuting down each day, I decided to stay at a hotel close by.

Booking the room over the phone was a pleasant experience. I decided to splurge, and booked a spa suite, and the woman I had spoken to, had offered me a free upgrade to a deluxe room, which I had happily accepted.

On arrival, I went to reception, and had to wait several minutes to be served. I was then promptly informed I did not have a booking (even though I had a booking reference number) , the man then walked back to the bar.

He returned several minutes later, tried again to find my booking in the system, but could not. I was concerned as I had given my credit card over the phone to pay for the booking. He then took my credit card off me, and then again walked off for several minutes.

He came back eventually, told me I had no booking at that hotel, I must have booked into a different hotel, and would have to do a new booking for me. When I gave him my phone number, he then found my details in the system, and then assured me he would search for my other booking to cancel it.

The room was tiny, dark, smelled musty, and had water stains all over the carpet. The 2 towels provided were more like over sized hand towels, than bath towels. There was no electric blankets. The bed was so uneven, I had to put a pillow behind me to stop falling off.
The only saving grace was the spa.

The next day I received a phone call from the hotel. A polite lady had called to find out why I had not checked in as yet, and if my booking was still needed. I informed her I had checked in (gave her the room number I was staying in), and she was confused about why the staff member could not find my original booking, as it was there (and clearly not canceled as the man had promised me). She apologised several times, and assured me she would cancel the extra booking so there would be no additional charge to my credit card.

I work frequently in Melbourne now, and even though the location of this hotel is very handy to where I work, I will never be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank Kelli S
Singapore
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Service: Average
Room: Basic room; good for short term but not suitable for family with young children in standard room, small showering unit
Location: Was lost but found finally. Turn off in to the service road, needs to do a roundabout turn if miss it. The best --> Comes with free parking!
The hotel comes with indoor pool (cleaning required) and gym and more TV channels.

Overall: Don't expect "WOW" factor. it is a motel which you can rest for the night that comes with very basic amenities and free parking. The only thing that fascinate kids were probably the fire engine station next to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed October 19, 2008

I chose this motel based upon the location, the general quality of a Comfort Inn in the US (basic but decent), and the photos on the Comfort Inn website. I wanted to walk out when I arrived and saw the front desk area with the dirty, worn carpet and the beat up office furniture. I wasn't expecting anything fancy, but it was a dump. The pool area we passed on the way to our room looked toxic. Our room was somewhat better with fairly new drapes and bedspread, but the spotted carpet and the gunk where floor tiles were missing in the bathroom made us uncomfortable to go barefoot. It also felt a bit unsafe with the door to the room being a bit too short for the doorframe, and the flimsy lock. The one bright spot was the staff at the front desk and in the pitiful restaurant. They were very pleasant and helpful and the only reason I didn't give a "terrible" rating.

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank SammyK5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dandenong
Ramada Encore Dandenong
#4 of 5 in Dandenong
Punthill Dandenong
Punthill Dandenong
#3 of 7 in Dandenong

Been to Comfort Inn Dandenong? Share your experiences!