“Lovely Apartments - Spacious and Clean”
Review of Punthill Dandenong

Punthill Dandenong
Gold Coast
“Lovely Apartments - Spacious and Clean”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Check in was quick and friendly. I stayed for 3 nights and it was peaceful on the 7th floor. The apartment was modern, fully equipped and the extra tv in the bedroom, awesome! The parking is easy and the cafe makes great coffee. I do like an air con in my bedroom however, left the door open and it flowed in nicely. Great to have a balcony and sip a coffee in the morn. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 7th Floor is quiet.
2 Thank SuzyHGoldCoast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I rented out a 2 bedroom apartment for 2 days with a colleague and found the accommodation to be modern and service was good.

There is a cafe downstairs that makes a great coffee to start the day, and the hotel is at the end of the Dandenong strip with a heap of options when it comes to night time meals.

My only issue was parking at the end of the day, Dandenong itself had a bit of a "Ghetto" feel in the backstreets that made me uncomfortable leaving my car out on the street. Punthill does have a car park but unfortunately the work van was too high for this. Probably wouldn't be a problem for 99% of travellers.

Definitely the pick of the crop in the Dandenong area.

2 Thank jeff2231
Somersby, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had to book at Punthill as my usual place(Chifley Doveton) was fully booked. I booked here based on Trip advisor feed back having never heard of this Brand prior. I was very surprised on my late arrival when I was met at the gate and admitted to the undercover carpark then had my bag carried to reception. Check in was pleasant and quick. The room was not huge but more than big enough for business stays of any length and exceptionally clean. The bed was the best I have ever experienced in any motel with a superb soft top on the matress. Good TV (no pay channels though) and modern appointments and decor. I ate dinner elsewhere on business but was very surprised to see they offered a room service brekky, not the usual dried toast etc but the full cafe menu, i had poached eggs, spinach and mushrooms on english muffins with holandaise sauce for $14 and a 'real' coffee, it was lovely while i sat and finished some reports and all very good quality food and coffee. Only gripe with the venue was that there was a $5 tray service charge for room service which was only noted on the bill!! there was no mention of it on the menus in the room nor in the compendium of services and when I reported it upon checkout there was no offer to remove it - dissappointing. It is very rude to just add charges with no notice of these charges. Anyway, i will stay again as this did not detract too much from a great nights stay and I hope they fix this annoying issue.

1 Thank HorseLoverBDM
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

I was there last week for just the one night on my way to a conference in the Yarra Valley (a later review) and I would have to say, it was a nice place to stay. I arrived there a bit late (around 8:30pm). The reception is closed by then however they have an intercom and wall safe that holds the key to your room (efficient). Had dinner in the restaurant on site and breakfast next morning. It was very nice food and friendly staff. I would be happy to stay there again when I'm next there on business.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RamblingNT
Sydney
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I haven't stayed at too many places in the Dandenong area, but seem fated to be there more often in the future on business, so have been trying a number of local establishments. The Punthill is the best so far in terms of offering pleasant modern rooms, free secure parking and free wi-fi, which makes the effective room rate cheaper than other nearby places (e.g. Quest Dandenong) which charge a cheaper rate for the room but slap on an exorbitant internet rate.
As others have commented, reception is hit-or-miss, and I'm not fond of places that take pre-payment for your stay on arrival, but the room was clean, pleasantly furnished, and I appreciated the kitchenette (so self-catering from the nearby IGA supermarket is possible). There was a huge ceramic bowl on the desk which seemed pointless since I had to figure out where to carefully move it in order to use the desk, but otherwise there was nothing else to complain about. Except for one very minor gouge: if you call downstairs for room service from the on-site restaurant, you get hit with a $0.75 local call charge! First time for everything...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AntonyG
KeiranS, Public Relations Manager at Punthill Dandenong, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Hi AntonyG

Thank you for leaving your review on Tripadvisor.

We very recently installed a new property management system and due an oversight we did not place a by pass in the system which would result in a zero charge for room service. We are grateful that this has brought this to our attention and wish to reassure you that this issue was immediately rectified.

We hope to see you back at Punthill Dandenong again soon.

Keiran
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I was under the impression that the Punt Hill in Dandenong was one of the better hotels in the Dandenong area, if it is then it is a sad state of affairs for Dandenong. On arrival the room TV had very poor reception and no sound. After reporting this to reception I was advised that it would be looked into. It was not and continued calls to reception from the failed to answer my calls. Reception at the front desk was scarce or close to none existance and if lucky enough to meet see a reception be prepared for a long wait until you are attended to. I agree with Peter F, the place is a disaster.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel and stay in another area of Melbourne even if your work is in Dandenong
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank David S
KeiranS, Public Relations Manager at Punthill Dandenong, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear David

Punthill Dandenong is brand new business class apartment hotel which was opended in 2009. We have a strong and loyal base of customers whom provide us with exceptionally good feedback about our service and facilities on a regular basis.

I investigated your feedback regarding the TV reception and discovered that we did have an issue with our TV service during this time. We apologise for this inconvenience and wish to assure that this service issue has well and truly been addressed.

shepparton
Reviewed February 27, 2012

punt hill apartment in Dandenong is a big disappointment the air conditioners do not work properly and the management do not give a stuff I do recommend you look else ware for accommodation 4 people had to sleep in the lounge room because that is the only place that has aircon the bedrooms are hot the management did not even bring up a fan $250.00 wasted

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Peter F

At the time you stayed with us, it was a 40 degree day. We have effective and efficient air conditioning at Punthill Dandenong - a new and modern property; however when the temperature rises above 40 degrees, even excellent air conditioning systems may not be completely effective.

We are sorry that your experience was unhappy and wish to asure you that all our staff try extremely hard to make guests feel welcome and comfortable.

Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dandenong
Ramada Encore Dandenong
#1 of 1 in Narre Warren
Quest Dandenong
Quest Dandenong
#1 of 7 in Dandenong

Been to Punthill Dandenong? Share your experiences!