“Rudest manager ever (aka: Hunters Cafe)”
Review of Filis Pizza - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Filis Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We are visiting Queenstown from the Gold Coast. We ordered a Gourmet Steak pizza, this took well over half an hour to cook! When we got back to our accommodation, we discovered we had been given the wrong pizza. We did eat one piece each, to make sure that the ingredients we had ordered weren't simply hidden under something else, or had been applied sparingly.

My wife then called the shop, to tell them they had made us the wrong pizza and find out about replacing it with the correct one. The manager (Brian) took the phone away from the staff member whom my wife had been talking to, and attempted to tell her that we had the correct pizza. After about 5 minutes of arguing, the manager actually bothered to check their own menu and then grudgingly agreed that, yes, we'd been given the wrong toppings. My wife then arranged for a replacement, took the original one with her and returned to the store.

When she returned to our accommodation, she was in tears. Apparently 'Brian' had given her an earful about being stupid, in front of the other patrons in his store. He was still claiming (out loud, for the benefit of others) that he had sold us the correct thing, despite having already agreed he hadn't, over the phone. He was also ranting and raving that we had already eaten half the original pizza. It would seem that maths is not Brian's long suit, as we had eaten 2 out of 8 pieces.

I then phoned 'Brian' to find out what the big problem is here? He refused to give his whole name, then he accused me of being rude and stupid, before I had even gotten 4 words out. I finally managed to get the man to let me speak, without him speaking over the top of me, at which point I suggested that he should calm down and offer an apology to my wife. This brought on another tirade of swearing and ranting from him, in fact he even made physical threats to me, at which point I simply hung up.

No wonder this guy has changed the store name to "Hunters Cafe" (clearly apostrophes aren't his speciality either), as he's trying to distance the business from earlier poor reviews. Suffice to say that we will avoid Queenstown completely in future, if this is the standard of treatment one receives from store owners here.

1  Thank Barry R
HuntersCafe, Owner at Filis Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

these people are lyers we replaced the pizza and found they had eaten half of it. and after being called a f & c numerous times on the phone by this person of coarse I was upset wouldn't you be if they threaten to go council and say there are cockroaches in the pizza. I am looking at legal action on this so I leave it up for now.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

A good selection of toppings with lovely thin bases - service was quick and the staff friendly and chatty...even when they are really busy

HuntersCafe, Owner at Filis Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Reviewed March 13, 2012

"Googled" the place after i got home and found this site. Tasteless, over-priced (really,really over-priced) and it stuck to the box (like another reviewer i too needed a spatula). I'm so angry a place like this can stay in business, worse pizza in 4o years of eating them, a very bad advertisement for Tasmanian tourism. My advice is when in Queenstown eat at the motels or try a counter meal, avoid pizza

5  Thank Jeffro G
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Hawaiin pizza 1 piece of pineapple per slice. American pizza had very little salami and totally tasteless. Both pizzas required spatula to remove from box! We were both sick the next day. Warm night and ingredients in shop kept at room temperature. AVOID!

1  Thank louise m
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I never write reviews on these things but I left my Filis dining experience so disturbed, angry and unsatisfied that I can't help it. In fact it was so bad that it is actually weeks after my experience that I am writing this. I have NEVER experienced such rudeness and such awful pizza! I mean it really is AWFUL! UGH! I can still taste it... well I can't really, because the truth is this pizza has no taste. It was actually comical how bad it was so for a laugh you may want to consider it, also if you don't have taste buds it may be alright.

2  Thank Clemmm66