“Stayed there twice, it was my 1st & it was my LAST”
Review of Ashfield Motor Inn

Ashfield Motor Inn
Ashfield Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Ashfield
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed there during the Sydney Easter Show 2014
Location good, However bathroom & room was dirty when we entered room.
We had to actually ask, to get clean sheets & cleaner said ok, but you got to ask my boss 1st.
Cleaner did make a mess in our room one day.

I normally stay at the Marco Polo Motor Inn,
but thought, I try this motel, Worst mistake ever.

NEVER stay at the Ashfield Motor Inn.
Very susprised, this motel has not been shut down,
due to how dirty it is

Room Tip: stay at the Marco Polo Motor Inn instead of the Ashfield motor inn.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank wwefanaholic

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had stayed here 5 or more years back. Location suited us - Summer Hill station and restaurants are an easy walk. It is very basic. Parking was fine. It was clean and quiet but is looking a little tired. Wouldnt want to stay more than one night. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because it was ok a few years ago. Now, mould in the bathroom , someone else's soap on the shower floor, carpet not vacuumed, greasy marks on the bench - unfortunately photos can't describe the smell- musty - like rotting carpet. Too late for us to find somewhere else but won't stay the second night of our booked stay-

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Ali-Chris1959
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I didn't stay here, but as I was couch surfing nearby and the door to the place I was supposed to stay was locked, I went over to ask to use the phone. It was a hot day and I was tired after an early morning of travel and walking with a heavy pack to my destination. The gentleman at reception wouldn't even let me use the phone. He said there was a public phone nearby (which there wasn't) and was far from hospitable in any way. With that attitude I couldn't imagine staying there would be worthwhile.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Lynsey N
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Having chosen to travel to Sydney on what turned out to be maybe the busiest long weekend of the year, this was the last place available. I booked before checking the alarming reviews here, so we arrived with very low expectations. It is indeed rather shabby, but the bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean, the bathroom adequate. Most of the rooms are buffered a little from the traffic on the road outside. There is both on site parking and excellent access to public transport, and an easy stroll to numerous eating and shopping opportunities a bit further along Liverpool road. We needed somewhere to sleep, wash and dress between things to do and people to see. The price was reasonable, particularly on a weekend when many places inflated their prices. It is certainly not a destination venue, but I would be happy to stay again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Merrihenry
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I booked in for a week as I needed somewhere to stay close to my new job while I sorted out long term accommodation. Room was old and smelly and hadn't had a proper cleaning in ages - dust everwhere. The curtains were ripped and could not be closed. People coming and going all night. Only stayed 1 night instead of 7 and moved to a much better place not far down the road.

Room Tip: Consider alternative accommodation.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Keith N
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The owner/manager was rude and charged us $10 more than the couple who came after us for the same room and everyone was told they only had 1 room left which was a family room. The room smelled musty and with stale smoke...Shower was mouldy and there were different men coming and going from most rooms. Made me feel unsafe and unclean...NOT A GOOD PLACE TO STAY OH AND NO PARKING FOR EVERYONE,

Room Tip: Do not book in here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MoniLowry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashfield
Shilla Lodge Hotel
The Urban Newtown
#1 of 1 in Newtown
Marco Polo Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Summer Hill

Been to Ashfield Motor Inn? Share your experiences!