I stayed here on a work trip and took advantage of the great opening rates being offered.
On first glance - it's traditional Peppers, good quality finishes, great style and attentive staff. But that was where the experience ended.
Although the room was gorgeous - massive double spa, nice fully contained kitchen and great bathroom products... the shortfalls were:
No TV in the 2nd bedroom
No movies available in the bedroom with a TV
No compendium to be found - anywhere!
The only phone was in the main bedroom - not my room, so couldn't use it until my travel partner woke up.
No fresh milk
Toilet roll holder had already fallen off the wall.... already? It was only 2 weeks old.
But the real kicker - was after scouring the room for the compendium and room service menu - we finally got one of the staff to run it up to the room at 8.15pm. We picked out what we wanted (after a massive day at work) and placed our order at 8.25pm only to be told that the kitchen was closed, the chefs had gone home and there was no such thing as a limited menu available...
So no Room Service, no minibar and not even any fresh milk to make coffee.... So we ended up having Hungry Jacks for dinner... not my idea of a 5 star resort.
That being said - these are massive teething problems, but the resort has great potential. Possibly they shouldn't have opened before they were ready - the place is still crawling with Tradies - but all in all, I will go back - but I"ll wait for a "finished" review first!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the hill top overlooking the majestic Whitsunday Passage, Peppers Airlie Beach, offers stylish and elegant accommodation in the heart of Airlie Beach. At the resort you are perfectly positioned to experience the wonders of the spectacular Whitsunday islands and the vibrant seaside village of Airlie Beach. Accommodation includes beautifully appointed One, Two and Three Bedroom Spa Apartments, all with majestic views of the Whitsunday passage and wide breezy verandas maximising the tropical lifestyle experience. All apartments feature bathrobes, free WiFi, clothes dryer, daily room service, direct dial telephone, flat screen TV with cable, in-house movies, hair dryer, in-room safe, in-room pay for view movie system, mini bar, air conditioning, spa bath, self contained kitchen including cook top, oven, tea/coffee making facilities, fridge, freezer, microwave and dishwasher. They also feature separate lounge and dining area, iPod docking station, washing machine, ironing facilities and One Bedroom Apartments offer disabled facilities. The resort offers a multitude of leisure options including the culinary delights of the exceptional Tides Restaurant & Bar, pure pampering and relaxation at the onsite endota spa or you can revive by the stunning wet-edge resort pool. Tours leave daily from Airlie Beach and offer an array of things to do including sailing, day trips to the Great Barrier Reef, scenic flights over Whitehaven Beach, skydiving, scuba diving, snorkelling and crocodile safaris. In the town of Airlie Beach you will discover a selection of shops and boutiques intertwined amongst a variety of dining and entertainment venues. The Whitsunday's protected waterways, myriad of islands and Great Barrier Reef are all at your fingertips when holidaying at Peppers Airlie Beach. From 1 Feb until 31 April reception hours are Sun-Thur 7am to 7pm, Fri & Sat 7am to 9pm. For the rest of the year reception will be open 7am to 11pm daily. If you expect to arrive outside reception opening hours, please inform the property 1 day in advance, using the contact details found on the booking confirmation. Please note: Peppers Airlie Beach does not accept AMEX. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Peppers Airlie Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Coral Coast Hotel Airlie Beach
- Peppers Airlie Beach Whitsunday Islands