We stayed for a weekend at Peppers when we were at Airlie Beach for a wedding at the Waters Edge resort, so we got to see the accommodation at both. Got a great deal on Wotif, that made it real value for money. Our 1 bedroom apartment was beautiful; modern, well appointed with great views out to the ocean. Staff were friendly and helpful and couldnt do enough for us. The Waters Edge apartments were also lovely but a little older.
The only downside for Peppers is that it is on the steepest part of the mountain, so the walk up the hill is a killer. They do run a shuttle into town every 2 hours, but it stops at 7pm, which is too early, if you want to go for dinner and makes you have to plan your day, which is not want you want to be doing at Airlie. We missed the bus back on the first occasion and walked back. We are not fit and it was very difficult, I imagine in the height of summer, in the heat, it would be almost impossible. The fellow manning the desk offered to pick us up from the start of Peppers on our return from dinner. This was an enormous help as the steepest part is in Peppers itself. But again I doubt whether he would be able to leave the desk unattended, even for those few minutes in peak season. Still it was a beautiful resort and we would return, steep climb and all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Airlie Beach accommodation includes One, Two and Three Bedroom Spa Apartments, all with views of the Whitsunday passage from verandas. One Bedroom Apartments offer disabled facilities. The resort offers leisure options including the culinary delights of Tides Restaurant & Bar or revive by the stunning wet-edge resort pool. Tours leave daily from Airlie Beach and offer an array of day trips to the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach, scuba diving, snorkelling and crocodile safaris. Maintenance Notice: Due to damage resulting from Cyclone Debbie, Peppers Airlie Beach is conducting internal repair works with limited noise disruptions to guests. From July to 30 December 2017 roof repair works will begin resulting in external noise and accommodation blocks with scaffolding in place will be closed while completed. Please note the property will be closed 13 - 30 November 2017 due to repair works. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please note: Amex is not accepted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Airlie Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Coral Coast Hotel Airlie Beach
- Peppers Airlie Beach Whitsunday Islands