“A little FNQ but I'd go back.”
Review of Mangrove Jacks

Mangrove Jacks
Ranked #29 of 105 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went here for the wood fired pizza. Food was good and service was friendly. The problem is the mix of restaurant and a horse racing bar. The difference in the clientele is a little uncomfortable as it does not lend itself to all. Still, the pizza was tasty and we would return. At least it is backpacker free due to the prices.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

It may be a little pricey for a pizza, but you really do get what you pay for. Great social, local atmosphere, very friendly staff.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Had a Caesar salad. It wasn't too bad...have had better but the pizzas looked outstanding! Good atmosphere with friendly staff:)

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We came here for an evening meal and it wasnt what I expected. It was self service on food and drink. Self service meaning you go up the counter and order and pay. I found this odd as there were loads of waiters/waitresses on hand. There was also a bookies in the 'restaurant'. Anyway the food was ok, normal pub food i'd say but the portions were very big. We ordered starters but the time the mains came around we were stuffed. Its more for backpackers than couples, unless you fancy a cheap(ish) and cheerful one.

1  Thank Gavin_2912
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Thought we would give this place a go due to high reviews, highly dissatisfied waited 45 mins for a ceasar salad and a seafood medly. The squid was undercooked, scallops were cold. I specifically asked for no anchovies in the ceasar salad, yes it came with no anchovies but a fishy smell so strong that I couldn't eat it. Also considering the waiter asked if I had an allergy to anchovies makes me wonder if they had just picked them out!