“Great Place!”

Toscana Village Resort
Rosemount, QLD
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a wonderful place! We stayed for 5 nights in October. Awesome views from the balcony, great for a wine! The unit had everything we needed for our stay. Our 5 year old loved all the pools, (there are 4) and spa. From the moment we arrived we felt very welcomed by Jo and Dave (?), from the luggage being delivered to room on golf buggy to the offer of a ride to the local larger supermarket for supplies, both always friendly and helpful. Jo organised a day trip to Daydream Island for the day after we arrived, after we had tried and had no success. Great location, so close to town, but so little noise. We had an awesome holiday, thanks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
JACM57, Manager at Toscana Village Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and sorry for the delay in responding. The pools and stairs are good for using up the surplus energy of a five year old. Daydream Island is a good choice for a day trip for littlies as the living coral garden and the fish feeding provides interest for all ages
Thank you for taking the time to let others know you enjoyed your stay with us at Toscana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
San Cristobal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

For the 6 of us in this apartment it was idea, although on a small steep bank, where walking everyday would be a slight pain, nothing else could be faulted!

We had heaps of room, a nice big kitchen, everything spotlessly clean, laundry equipment, comfortable beds, AMAZING views of the bay. The pool area near our room was clean and part shaded to suit everyone. Really relaxed atmosphere!

Great for a group or family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JACM57, Manager at Toscana Village Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
A big thank you for taking the time to write your opinion about your stay with us. We have lots of friends and family reunions as the bigger apartments are good for accommodating larger groups.
I am glad you could make use of the balconies for sitting admiring the great views
Thanks again - hope to see you back with us at some point
Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

A group of 6 "mature" ladies recently had a girls weekend at Toscana. We had a wonderful time. The 3 bedroom apartment was extremely spacious and the balcony superb! The whole feel of the place is very Meditterranean. The apartment was fully equipped and although we didn't want to "cook" we had everything we needed to prepare lazy lunches.
Yes the hill is a bit daunting!!! But you have to be up high for the views! Its only one street back from the main street and 8 weeks after a hip replacement I managed to walk back to the apartment so anyone can!!!
You must have dinner at Cha'mah an amazing Morrocan inspired restaurant we discovered on this trip!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Wow! - now you have shamed us all totally about any whinging when walking back up the hill. If you can do it 8 weeks after a hip replacement, well obviously the rest of us are a pack of softies!
I shall use you as an example to all
Thanks for your comments and glad you ladies enjoyed your weekend at Toscana
PS - I agree about the restaurant !
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

this place was amazing. Beautiful views,very clean.we were very happy with the service it has 4 great pools and yes the drive is abit steep but it is so worth it the views are amazing.we would highly recommend toscana resort we will come back for sure.thanku for making our holiday so amazing.

• Stayed August 2012
We are always very pleased to hear guests say they want to come back. Thank you very much for your lovely words. We appreciate if greatly
Bondi, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our wet 10 days in Airlie despite the unfortunate weather. Our accommodation was very pleasant, with lovely views. What topped it off however, was Jo's helpfulness in accommodating us at short notice when our flight home was cancelled due to fog. Thanks Jo!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Samantha S
JACM57, Manager at Toscana Village Resort, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for your kind words - and that we could help with your 'unexpected extended stay'
Hope you can come back in nicer weather - which happens a greater percentage of the time than the tropical weather pattern
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

I find that I write reviews based on value and I have (hate) to admit I was a disappointed in Toscana. We spent 7 weeks in Australia/New Zealand in March and April and 7 nights at Toscana. The apartment was spacious and the view was very nice. The pool was very clean and pretty. I thought it was too expensive for what we got, however, especially compared to other accomodations we had over our seven week stay in that area of the world. It was the little things that bothered me, that perhaps wouldn't bother others. For example, the only disposable item in the kitchen besides salt and instant coffee was bug spray (e.g. no dishwashing detergent) for the tiny "seasonal" bugs that were crawling on the counters and in the drawers. The acitivity recommendations by the hotel were also questionable. (I had to wonder if they had ever done any of these things.) There was something lacking about the place. Yes, it was beautiful, but I did not feel it was near as nice or as good a value as others who have reviewed this accommodation. Unless I could get a much cheaper price for Toscana, I would look for a different place should we ever return to Airlie Beach.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank capecodlover
It has taken me a long time to be able to respond to this review. Initially, I felt it didn't quite ring true regarding the issues that appeared to be the cause for concern.

All our apartments are stocked with set up supplies including tea, coffee, uht milk, sugar sachets, salt & pepper sachets, dishcloth and scourer, washing up liquid, dishwasher sachets, soap, shampoo, conditioner, toilet paper, rubbish bags - and yes we also include spray for when the little tropical inhabitants make an appearance.
But, if you felt the apartment appeared to be missing supplies - may I suggest always inform reception and (wherever you stay) I am sure that they would see what could be done

I was surprised also of the critcism regarding our room compendiums which are full of information about the area and the tours. It is beutifully presented in a black and gold folder with 10 pages of resort information and 14 brochures of the most popular local tours in the Whitsundays. It also includes a commercially produced insert about the region. Many guests use this compendium to plan they trips and I am really puzzled over your comments that it seemed .... 'questionable' and 'ill informed'

Mostly however, I am dissappointed that you consider the Whitsundays not good value compared to other areas you visitted on your holiday . I suppose like all things you can wait for the specials and promotions, (which often happen) as I know we are very competitive on our holiday rates. Maybe, it was just the timing of your stay in the area that co-incided with our peak period.

Nether-the-less, I am always thankful when visitors take time to write their thoughts as it provides an opportunity for self checking. Thank you, and I sincerely hope you do visit the region again and try out some of the suggested most popluar tours...even if you choose another accomodation house as we are all working to promote this very pretty region of the world.
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Stayed at Toscana for 25 days over 4 weeks on business, as I checked out over the long weekend, I stayed in a different room when I got back. One room was right at the top and the other was at the bottom.

The view was spectacular and I was surprised that both rooms were pretty much just as good as each other in terms of view. The balcony was fantastic and complimented the view extremely well allowing me to enjoy all aspects of the water and Airlie beach.

The rooms I stayed in were very spacious, well decorated and fit the bill of a self-contained unit to the T. The bed was one of the best I have experienced in a hotel – and I stay in a lot of hotels!!

Cleanliness was good overall however the toilet was not very clean in both rooms when I arrived and the shower had a small amount of mould along the skirting and tiles in the first room and on the shower head in the second room (nothing too serious).

As for that hill – make sure you have a car or a relatively decent degree of physical fitness. Unfortunately that is the length you have to go to for a view of this calibre. I thought it would be fun to jog it – boy was that a mistake!! :)

Jo (the manager) was very friendly and accommodating.
All in all, a great resort that is elegantly set out. Nice pools and gardens are fantastic.

I will be going back here next time I’m in Airlie and will recommend to others.
Thanks Jo!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Nick T
JACM57, Manager at Toscana Village Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy work schedule to write us a little story! and for the positive feedback and the constructive points.

We have started a schedule of getting an outside contractor to come through the units on a rotational basis to pick up on any bits our regular cleaners miss. (I think you can get so used to slipping through a job as quickly and efficiently as possible that sometimes you see what you think you see instead of really looking... )

Thanks again for choosing to stay at Toscana and good luck with the new position