“Spa=Joke”

Airlie Day Spa & Hair Studio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Airlie Day Spa and Hair Studio is Airlie Beaches own Multi Award Winning Day Spa located in the heart of Airlie Beach, gateway to the beauty of the Whitsunday Islands. Airlie Day Spa provides a unique and personalized experience that stimulates every sense and soothes every frazzled nerve. We have a wide range of spa treatments, from massages, body wraps and scrubs, water therapies through to a full range of hair and beauty services. Airlie Day Spa and Hair Studio, experience it for yourself. Pampering thousands of satisfied clients every single year, we aim for 100% satisfaction, but if at any time we don't meet your expectations please give us the opportunity to resolve this problem directly by phone or email
New York City, New York
“Spa=Joke”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Not worth the time or the money. Very expensive and the service is awful. I was very disappointed. In NYC I get a manicure every week. The nail polish was lumpy. She barely scrubbed my feet or cut the cuticles at all. Don't waste your money like I did.

Visited February 2014
Airlie_Day_Spa, General Manager at Airlie Day Spa & Hair Studio, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hi Trophy Wife
We understand your feedback in relation to the cost differences between Manicures and Pedicures in Australia and the US, we have had the discussion before with other wonderful American clients and we do appreciate that the services are much cheaper in the US, we can only put the down to the much lower minimum wage set in America.
I only wish I or one of our senior team had known of the problem you had with your nail polish as we would of course have fixed it whilst you were in spa.
I understand that you received one of our express pedicures which is obviously a shortened and cheaper treatment than our normal and can only suggest next time you are visiting, please contact me directly so you can enjoy our Spa pedicure which is our standard treatment and includes a foot and lower leg exfoliation and mask, all your nail, and cuticle work and of course a gorgeous OPI polish colour of choice.
Many thanks

Brisbane, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very average”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Went with my partner for a couples escape treatment including a foot soak and scrub, 1 hour massage and mineral bath. Was brought to the entrance of the back area for the foot scrub, no music playing and empty, dirty offices right outside as well as street noise. Very awkward and not relaxing at all. Brought into the couples room which was very nice, however my masseuse was very rough and repeatedly put lots of pressure on spots like my spine and other bony bits which an experienced masseuse would have known not to do. Also pinched a nerve in my neck. My partner says his massage was fine. Relaxing atmosphere was ruined by the filling of the spa bath, I understand they can't do it in advance to keep it warm but it was very disruptive. Was left to enjoy the bath for 45 minutes to end which was nice. Went to pay and saw OPI nail polishes being sold for $10 each. I bought two only to find they are in fact used polishes which was not advertised on the table (not clearly anyway) and one is stuck shut. Overall we paid $340 and I left regretting losing that money. Been to spas everywhere both cheaper and more expensive and while I'm not contesting the price as such, I feel the overall experience wasn't worth the money I spent.

Visited December 2013
Airlie_Day_Spa, Manager at Airlie Day Spa & Hair Studio, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Hi Lemmi8,
We appreciate your review and the time it has taken for you to provide it, as it allows us to improve upon our services.
We share your concern over vacant shops next to us, it used to be a delightful interior design store, but unfortunately closed and has been vacant for some time, an unfortunate result of the GFC and not something we are able to do too much about. But as you have noted we try and best to make sure our premises are spotless, bright and bringing a relaxed warmth and tropical atmosphere to our clients treatments.
And of course we understand your frustration with the sound of the bath filling, it is something we have considered in the past, and will look at again after your concern to find an alternative method.
I must appologise for the OPI Nail Polishes, we are selling end of colour ranges at the discount price of $10 as you mentioned, but these should not have been used. If you are back in the area, we wwill of course swap these for you for new ones, or if not you can contact me directly at admin@airliedayspa.com.au and we will arrange a refund on these for you.
Best wishes
Ian
Mackay, Australia
“DON'T DO IT”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Was the most unprofessional experience I have ever had at a spa. Not sure if the girls were actually qualified. The roughest facial ever,left with cream in my hair and grit on my face. Waited way too long for thm to come into start massage and why did the girl doing my massage leave the room 3 times during it? Pedicure was cut short as the next client was there - obviously my money wasn't good enough.
Girls were dressed in something you would lounge around home in and had no shoes on certainly not the pampering atmosphere I was hoping for. Overall very disappointing and I certainly will not be referring anyone to it and will definitely won't be going back.
Need to pull you socks up and update facilities if you want to charge the prices you do.

Visited October 2013
Airlie_Day_Spa, General Manager at Airlie Day Spa & Hair Studio, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hi Suzie
We take all feedback both good and bad very seriously as it is only with construction feedback are we able to improve upon our services.
I would ask that you contact me directly at admin@airliedayspa.com.au, so we are able to confirm the treatments you had and dates, as we can't find the exact details of your treatment to contact you.
We always strive for exceptional service and if there is a problem like to know so we can provide additional re-training if required, make adjustments for the future and have an opportunity to resolve any issues.
If you can contact me, you will help us and hopefully we can help you
Many thanks
Ian and the team
Airlie Day Spa
Airlie Beach, Australia
“Absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I had my hair done by kaz today and I can honestly say the whole experience was without a doubt the best I have ever had at a hair salon. She made me feel so welcome! She created conversation the whole time and offered me advice on how to maintain my hair. I absolutely LOVE the end result and left with a huge smile on my face. I could never go anywhere else again! Thanks kaz!

Visited October 2013
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Made my day!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our boat trip was cancelled because of the wind, and we were stuck not knowing what to do. Found the spa and hubbie booked me in for an amazing 3 hour treatment. Can't remember the name, but it was amazing to be spoilt. Have never had anything like it before, but now I am hooked!!
Much better than feeling seasick on the boat!!

Visited September 2013