“Way to expensive”

Airlie Day Spa Express
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Airlie Day Spa Express is Airlie Beaches own Multi Award Winning Day Spa located in the heart of Airlie Beach, gateway to the beauty of the Whitsunday Islands. Airlie Day Spa provides a unique and personalized experience that stimulates every sense and soothes every frazzled nerve. We have a wide range of treatments, from massages, manicures, pedicures and beauty services. Airlie Day Spa Express, experience it for yourself. Pampering thousands of satisfied clients every single year, we aim for 100% satisfaction, but if at any time we don't meet your expectations please give us the opportunity to resolve this problem directly by phone or email
Reviewed July 26, 2013

$23 for a eyebrow wax that I had to finish when I got back to my hotel room! Not happy, will go to endota spa next time, only $19 there and much more professional.

2  Thank Endeavourstreet
Airlie_Day_Spa, General Manager at Airlie Day Spa Express, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Hi Endeavourstreet,
we are sorry you feel our prices are too expensive, we try and keep affordable on all the services we offer to allow for all our clients to enjoy treatments on a regular basis, not as just an occasional indulgence. But we do understand some of our prices may be slightly higher and $4 can make a difference.
Next time you are in town again please do come and visit, you fill find nearly all of our therapies, body treatments and facials are less expensive than other locations you have mentioned and we want to ensure you get great service and value for money.
Ian - GM

"whitsundays"
in 8 reviews
"knots"

Reviewed July 10, 2013

2 friends & I on a girls weekend booked a spa experience here. It was a warm day. Being offered water or juice would have been nice, instead of having to ask for it. We felt ignored after we were shoved in a room to fill out paperwork. Three beds were put into a room, so we could enjoy the experience together. A bit cramped, but okay, however the shower was an open/see-through one, in the room, and one of our party felt very uncomfortable using it, particularly with staff coming in and out. The salt exfoliation, clay mask and massage themselves were wonderful. A pity we weren't offered a drink when we finished. Instead it was take our money and get out type feel. All not so bad, I guess, except when we questioned the amount - we were overcharged by $80. When we questioned the price, we were told the price had gone up, but the new price was still $20 more than the advertised price on the front door, and the price one of us had very recently paid for one of our group via a voucher. We had to argue our point. Eventually we were told that only the manager could refund our money, so we had to leave our credit card details. My refund arrived today, 4 days later, the other owed a refund, is still waiting. I don't mind paying a lot for a good service, but I don't like being ripped off by $80, then having to argue to get a refund. I'm happy to pay the advertised price. Price goes up, change your advertising.

Airlie_Day_Spa, General Manager at Airlie Day Spa Express, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Hi Gail
Thankyou for your feedback
We do apologize for the error in your charges. You are quite correct the prices had just increased a few days before, and unfortunately there was some of the old prices still on display, something that should not have happened. I can assure you that when you pointed out the error, you were immediately charged the old lower price for your treatments.
The actual overcharge was unfortunately as we had forgotten to take the value of the gift voucher from your group treatments. Something for which I do apologize again.
I had personally organised both your refunds the very next morning, but unfortunately credit card companies can delay matters over the weekend.

We are pleased you enjoyed your treatments, the Dreamtime package you experienced is one of our most popular, we are sorry though that one of your party felt awkward in the group treatment, our treatment rooms are designed for singles and couples, but can if desired accommodate three people, we always offer individual rooms if preferred, but I understand your party had understood this and chosen to be together.

If you do have any further problems with your credit card refund, please do contact me immediately as I am sure I can help and resolve the matter for you
Ian - Airlie DaySpa
admin@airliedayspa.com.au

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were recommended by friends to book in and found a couples pack that they could do for us. The girls were young but very friendly and helped or day feel special. Thanks

Airlie_Day_Spa, General Manager at Airlie Day Spa Express, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thanks for your feedback, we have some fantastic therapists here of all ages, and are pleased they could look after you both

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Have been a local for 3 years now and regularly go back to the spa for all my waxing and occaisional spray tans. Tried them when I first moved here and found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
Have read some of the reviews here and wanted to offer a different opinion, I do good back and always recommend to relatives when they visit and have had great treatments every time.
I would say try them and make up your own mind
Karen

See more reviews
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have just experienced the worst experience in customer relations from this Airlie Beach business. If this is the sort of public relations this business portrays lets hope it's not the norm in this struggling tourism town.
I am a long term rate payer of Airlie Beach who has come back to celebrate my 50th birthday with friends so I thought I would pamper myself with eye lash extensions having been a previous client of this establishment. How wrong I was in my selection as I received no consultation before receiving the finest lashes that were not the ones I expected. I phoned them back re my disappointment and was asked to come back the next day.
The girl who did my extensions said it was her first day at work there and had never used this product before but unfortunately there was nothing they could do to give me the lashes I had expected. I then asked for a refund of my $110 but they said they had to contact the owner for authorisation, he refused point blank so I then asked to speak with him, as he apparently was working upstairs but he refused to see or speak to me, shame on you Ian.
This business is not a SMILE Whitsundays business, spend your money at Spa Allure instead.

1  Thank RonLorri
Airlie_Day_Spa, General Manager at Airlie Day Spa Express, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Hi Lorri
Following from our recent conversation, we are sorry the extensions you received were not what you expected.
As discussed it seems a simple consultation before hand could have prevented your upset and distress. We appreciate the feedback you have given here and by phone and have worked with our girls to ensure that or more comprehensive consultation is used in future.
We do hope to see you again when you are next back in Airlie
Ian