“Great place, superb view, very friendly owners”

Airlie Beach Myaura Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 13 Airlie Beach B&B and Inns
Hamburg, Germany
“Great place, superb view, very friendly owners”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

The owners are very friendly and offer a wine and cheese platter on arrival. They will book all the tours you want and are very helpful. The rooms are great, especially the outdoor deck with superb views. A downturn is the fact, that the bathroom/toilet is not really separated from the bedroom, but you get by...Furthermore the breakfast could be more generous, as you only get a few slices of toast and jam.
Nevertheless, the place is fantastic, it even has its own pool. Definitely stay there, if you look for a place in Airlie Beach

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roti187331

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 16, 2010

The owners gave us a warm welcome with a cheeseplatter & wine, it was great to relax on the veranda with sea view. They gave us good advise on tours to the Whitsundays as well as which restaurant to choose out of many in the area. We only stayed short (2 nights) but everything was perfect.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mirandakeukelaar
Los Altos, CA
Reviewed July 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed there for three nights in early May and echo the comments on the quality and thoughtful service Lesley provided, including rides to town when it was just too hot to take the short walk down the hill. We also found the location very convenient to town and appreciated the quiet when we returned at night. We especially LOVED the view and enjoyed the wine and cheeseboard from the patio. The room itself was spacious enough for two people and it was nice to have wi-fi available. I do recommend that you put on insect repellant at night because although I didn't feel any stings while we were there, my husband and I had welts on our legs and arms the day we left.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I arrived here feeling ill and the proprietor was so nice she set us up and gave us water and endless advice. I would recommend staying here for the service.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 8, 2010

Myaura B&B is perched half way up a hill overlooking Airlie beach with great views of the Whitsundays. I got a lovely welcome-including a glass of wine and cheeseboard. The room was nice- the bathroom is separated from the bedroom by a bead-type curtain- which could be problem for people sharing a room. As I was on my own this didn't matter. The breakfast was quite basic and left in the fridge so you could get it yourself. Unfortunately due to bad weather, I didn't get to use the pool. It is only around a 10min walk to centre of Airlie beach-(unless you are into partying I can't see any reason to want to stay in the middle of town.)

My initial plan had been to spend one night at Myaura prior to going on a sailing trip around the Whitsundays. Unfortunately the day I arrived at Airlie Beach a grade 5 cyclone was approaching. Prior my arrival I knew nothing of this (the weather channel didn't mention any cyclone/weather warning) but as soon as I arrived Lesley informed me. She very kindly rang local sailing operators immediately to see if it would be still safe to sail- which it wasn't. Through various contacts she inquired how severe the cyclone was likely to be and recommended that I was probably wiser to leave the area ASAP to avoid being trapped for days by flooded local roads. Lesley then helped me book a flight the next day out of Proserpine. Lesley's husband even contacted a friend in southern Queensland to see if the weather was any better there for me.(I was very lucky as some of the whitsunday resorts were actually evacuated a few days later.) I really admired Lesley's honesty- she could have easily made more money by not telling me the full story and I would have been stuck there for 4 or 5 days. She really cares about her guests and goes over and above her duty to make sure your stay is pleasant. I really can't thank her enough for her kindness.
One word of advice- always check the weather (ideally on a meteorological website)before visiting this region!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I spent a long time researching places to stay in Airlie Beach, as there is a huge amount of choice. I didn't want to stay in a dorm but I wanted to be relatively close to town. Myaura got good reviews on here and I have to say I echo them.

Lesley was very efficient from the first email correspondance that we had when I enquired about availability and also booked my pick up mini bus from Prosperine airport (there is no other way to get to Airlie Beach, as she told me - I thought there might be public transport) which costs $15 but takes about 30mins and you are dropped right at the B&B.

I had the blue room, which had a lovely balcony with views of the ocean. Lesley gave me lots of helpful advice about where to find everything I was looking for in Airlie Beach and also asked me if i'd like red or white wine with my cheese and meat platter, which was a lovely touch.

I was only there for a night before going on a tour of the whitsundays (highlight of my trip) but I really enjoyed having a little wander round Airlie Beach (not the loveliest of places but not awful; it's just a stop over for most people who are going on a cruise/trip) and then havign a dip in the pool at the B&B (no room for laps but it's so humid it's nice to cool off!) then sitting on my balcony reading and drinking wine (watch out for the mozzies; they are vicious in Queensland - take insect repellent!).

The room itself was quite 'blue' (to say the least!) but comfortable and clean with a tele and fridge (breakfast consisted of bread or cereal and some juice - basic but i didn't need anything else) and bathroom, which is separated by hanging beaded curtains (no privacy if you're looking for that - the toilet looks on to the bed!).

Lesley was very kind and let me keep my bags at the B&B until I returned from my boat trip 3 days later and arranged for a pick up to get me back to the airport.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
San Francisco
Reviewed February 11, 2010

My girlfriend and I decided to travel along the east coast without an agenda or itinerary. When we stumbled upon Airlie Beach we figured out two things very quickly, we wanted a romantic B&B for few days and then we wanted to take a tour of the Whitsunday's. We drove around looking for a vacancy and thank goodness we found Myaura! Upon are arrival, before we even booked a room Lesley and Alan found us a boat to tour on and secured is an amazing deal. In essence, they treated us like friends from moment one. We quickly decided to book a room with them as well and they gave us a private room with a very comfortable bed that had panoramic ocean views. Additionally there was a beautiful pool that we practically had to ourselves. As their brochure states, we came as guests and left as friends. My girlfriend and I are back in the states and trying to find a gift to send back to them to thank them for their hospitality.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple