“Very nice apartments in Airlie”
Review of Airlie Apartments

Rayleigh, Essex
“Very nice apartments in Airlie”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights in April and was very happy with the only accommodation. Only small issue was the air con in one of the bedrooms was a bit noisy but managed with the ceiling fan so no big deal. The manager and staff were very helpful with advice and directions and we even got dropped down at the ferry terminal when we left rather than get a taxi, great service.

The apartment was clean and more than big enough for us (3 adults), also had covered parking which great for keeping the car cool!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Airlie Apartments for 4 nights. Had a wonderful time. The location was great, our unit was clean and very comfortable and had everything we could possible need. Nothing was too much trouble for Cathy, the apartment manager. And the cost was very reasonable - we would have no hesitation in staying there again if we ever get the chance to visit lovely Airlie again...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed April 30, 2013

There's some really great things about Airlie Apartments and also some things that I was disappointed with. If you're looking to stay on the mainland in Airlie Beach then the location is nice and quiet and the hill wasn't an issue for us. We didn't use the pool but we did make use of the barbeque a couple of times and it was really useful. The service is good when it's there, although unfortunately there wasn't anyone around for our day-time check-in or check-out! Cathy offers a lot of lifts to guests, which is a very helpful thing to do, but personally I would prefer to have someone on reception all day.

The apartment itself was much more outdated than I was expecting. We did have lots of space and all the facilities we needed to cater for ourselves, but the decor, equipment and fans/air-conditioning were all very old. I slept badly all three nights due to the heat and unfortunately the air-conditioning was so loud that we couldn't have it on, and the fan didn't have any impact at all. I agree with another reviewer that being threatened with an extra charge for not cleaning up after yourself is not ideal and I am always sceptical about how clean the crockery and cutlery will be if the previous guests have done it rather than professional cleaners.

Overall I believe that if the rooms were updated then this place would definitely be worth a higher rate and would appeal to a broader range of guests. Personally I would look to stay somewhere different if I went back to the Whitsundays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RLM1981
Airlie-Apts, Manager at Airlie Apartments, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your feed back and for advising me of the air conditioning problems in the apartment. I will advise the owner that this needs to be rectified. My guests are my eyes and ears so I do appreciate hearing from you. In Australian apartments, most operators request that you leave your kitchen clean and tidy by washing the dishes and removing the garbage. We don't ask for anything else and as the staff wages are high in Australia, we try not to add to your costs if the cleaner spends more time in the kitchen. It is not a 'threat' and purely a request, so I am disappointed to hear those words. We have never had to charge anyone as most people leave the apartment in a respectable condition.
Service has always been very important to me and I believe that I am here to assist every guest, the best I can. We have a after hours procedure in place for everyone arriving outside of our business hours. The operational hours of Airlie Apartments are set by the 'BODY CORPORATE' (Owner's of each individual apartment) and they are 9am - 1pm on Saturday and Sunday, 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday. This is documented on all websites as well as in the confirmation letter emailed to every guest when they make their reservation. We follow up on everyone's arrival details, so we can run our errands in between the guests arriving and I try very hard not to disadvantage our guests. Most people are understanding if I have to go out or go to the airport to meet guests, a service I provide for 4 or more guests travelling. I work well outside of the office hours & I am contactable 24/7 via my mobile if I am not in the office and I note this as very rare. My motto is that 'you always come first' and I do this because I love what I do and the guests that visit Airlie Apartments.
With regards to your check out, I made arrangements for my housekeeper to attend to you, which she did, and she advised me that you wanted to check out after 10am, which we were more than happy to accommodate. Unfortunately, I just missed you on my return as the plane was late arriving.
Schweinfurt, Germany
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. Cathy and her team were like family for us, so helpful, so friendly, so supportive and kind. Lovely apartment, very clean with all equipment you need and awesome view to harbour bay. Nice terrace with all poolview apartments. The poolarea offers not only 2 pools (children&adults) with the same great view, but also barbecue stations and comfortable sitting area. Also laundry room available.
You can also book tours and Cathy helps to find the best for everybodys needs. It was so good for us to know, that we can trust on her support and advice. So our stay felt like holidays in paradise! Thank you Cathy for all what you did for us! Airlie Beach was one of our favourite stops along the East Coast!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Airlie-Apts, Manager at Airlie Apartments, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Our aim is to provide you with the best service and give you all our knowledge so that you can enjoy your holiday and see as much as you like. We have our own tour website now so looking at the tour selection is not a hard task. We can book all the tours prior to arrival but most times you can book on arrival so we can discuss them in person. Always email us if you have any queries and we are only too happy to help, even if you choose not to stay with us, but we hope you do!
Thanks for the review and it is lovely to hear that we made you feel special and Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays is your favourite spot!
Cheers,
Ottawa
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Cathy Logan, the manager, and her assistant Jill are competent, efficient, helpful, organized, as well as being kind and thoughtful. Although this is an apt complex they provide 5 star concierge service.

As we were arriving by train at 4am!! Cathy had arranged to have our place ready and waiting so we could get in before we checked in! The fact that the train was 5 hr late due to the late February floods meant that we arrived after the office was open - but her thoughtfulness was appreciated.

Cathy knows good trips to book, will help with any problem ( i believe!) and is just such a positive person to be around. Lucky Airlie.

The apt are roomy, very well equipped, (Cathy even provides basic condiments) and the pool area is lovely.

Room Tip: We had a room with a view of the harbour - lovely.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
It is not easy travelling and when you arrive early or depart late, we do our best to accommodate you if the apartment is vacant or we do not need it on the day you depart. All that is FREE and it is called SERVICE. When you book your tours with us, it gives us a little bit of extra income so we like to repay you with FREE Wi Fi and go out of our way to help you enjoy your stay. It is the little things that make life easier. e.g cooking oil in the apt, salt and pepper, if anything is left behind (salad dressings, sugar, butter) and you are happy to use the items we are happy to pass them on. We keep them in our fridge and it is just one more expense you do not need.
Thanks for writing the review and we hope you enjoyed your travels. It was a pleasure meeting you!
Cheers
Reading
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in February 2013 for 2 nights and wish we had stayed longer. Upon arrival Cathy cheerfully greeted us and gave us lots of information on trips that were nearby, she subsequently booked us onto Big Fury the following day. Our Apartment was the best on on our trip by far. We had a large open plan kitchen / dining / sitting room which was sparkling clean and had beautiful wood floors. The balcony was spacious and overlooked the swimming pool and Marina. The bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in (I've been lucky enough to stay in quite a few hotels!). I would highly recommend Airlie Apartments but make sure you book more than just a couple of nights so that you have time to enjoy the rooms and also the stunning Whitsundays. Thank you Cathy for all your help!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Airlie-Apts, Manager at Airlie Apartments, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
The two Superior Ocean View apartments that we have are beautiful and spacious with views to die for! The other apartments are lovely as well if you are on a budget and not in the apartment everyday. We are in a quiet location so you are guaranteed a good night sleep.
All your tours can be booked at our reception and you get FREE Wi Fi with all tour bookings. We even have our own tour website to look at the tours available. Go to our website, look under Sailing/Tours and then you can click on the link to airliebeachonline com au
Then email your choice and we will look after the rest for you.
Thanks for the review.
Cheers,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We only stayed 2 nights but wish it was at least a week - will never stay anywhere else in Airlie Beach now we have found the Airlie apartments. Service was excellent & nothing was too much
to ask for.Only a short stroll to shops, restaurants & beach. We stayed in the ocean view room and it was exceptional, very modern, large TV, air conditioning, great kitchen, large comfortable bed. We had our own deck looking over the marina & ocean, WOW what a view !!! We also had beautiful modern furniture inside & outside. Great to sit on our deck taking in the views, sipping a drink & head in a book. We had a fantastic stay. Maureen & Mark.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms were exceptional with their own deck and outdoor furniture !!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maureen Y
The Superior Ocean View Apartments are lovely and we only have two so you have to book quickly for these apartments. Service is very important to me and we like to keep it relaxed and friendly so you feel comfortable to ask as many questions as you like, even if you are planning your travels and unsure on how to get planes, trains, buses to other destinations. Send a email and I am only too happy to help.
Cheers