Stayed here in November 2011 as we made our way up the coast. The room was quite nice if a little dated, doesn't matter much as you're in a beautiful location and shouldn't be spending all day inside. The pool was, like the rooms, nice but very dated. The property seemed as though it hadn't had a good going over since the early nineties. The biggest issue with the place was the bugs. Stayed in plenty of places with comparable pricing up and down the coast without having to combat cockroaches (and geckos come to think of it) in the showers and swarms of ants in the kitchens. When I brought it up at the front desk I received a scowl and a 'Welcome to the tropics'... I understand there's a lot of creepy-crawlies in Australia but as I mentioned before, there were a lot of other places around without this issue. If you need a base camp in Airlie beach, this is a great way to sleep a lot of people in a comfortable atmosphere. If you're looking to stay a while and actually get some use of the apartment you may want to look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Views Views and more Views! Sea Star Apartments is conveniently located in Airlie Beach enjoying breathtaking island and ocean views from every terraced apartment! Come and enjoy yourself in one of our self contained apartments all with covered large balconies, spacious living area and dining area, full kitchens, laundries and uninterrupted views of the Coral Sea, Hayman Island and Hook Island yet nestled close to Airlie Beach Village. Did we mention the views? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Sea Star Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Star Apartments Hotel Airlie Beach
- Sea Star Apartments Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands