I wanted a relaxing getaway with a close friend and Waters Edge Hotel certainly made that happen, I stayed there for 6 nights. The photos on their website are very true...the sea view from your lounge room, master and private balcony with outdoor dining is simply amazing and has an uninterrupted180degree outlook. Our room was such a very generous size with a fully equipped kitchen with a good range of cooking utensils. It was well air-conditioned, generally pretty clean room & had excellent living space and comfy couches + dvd player.
The pools are just awesome...all 3 of them (1 is a kids), all very clean with plenty of deck chairs & the Balinese spa hut area is lovely too. The restaurant 'deja vu' is built into the Hotel and appeared to be the only set up like this found in Airlie. Certainly made it easy if you wanted to grab a nice bite to eat but were too exhausted to travel further than down the lift. Although I didn't get a chance, the 6 course meal on a Sunday afternoon that they offer at 'deja vu' for about $40 (approximate price only) looked really great value with some live music but it is spread out for the full arvo. You can have cocktails brought to you pool side and the calibre of other guests seemed really nice, a mix of couples and families, all with good manners.
I would most certainly stay here again and I am a hard guest to please. The hotel is far enough off the main street to get a good nights sleep but close enough to pop down the road for milk or a little stroll through the town. This hotel's location was just 100%fantastic, as unlike most other guests, you didn't have to hike up and down the steep hill every single day :) I did a lot of homework before i booked this place & I was proud as punch with choosing to stay here. The staff were very helpful and answered a lot of questions, they certainly brought us up to pace with what was available to see & do. Definitely ask to buy one of their $10 voucher books as it has some great savings for eating out or going on the cruises etc. I would speak to other tourists as you go for advice too though. I would also recommend you only shop at coles (wide range available) and catch a short cab ride as the local supermarket was just so expensive. If you want accommodation that's a little bit fancy and want a relaxing setting but is so close to everything, then look absolutely no further than Waters Edge Hotel. PS the gardens are kept immaculately by Trevor daily which was nice to be surrounded by too. I think a great stay deserves 5 minutes of my time to write a great review so thank you Jeff (the owner) for making my stay a very happy one that makes everyone jealous when I show them the pictures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If location, tranquillity and comfort are what you are looking for in holiday accommodation, then Water's Edge Resort apartments are for you. Water's Edge Resort apartments in Airlie Beach, are quietly nestled in the hillside amongst lush tropical gardens, 100 metres from the centre of the bustling cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach. Water's Edge is quite simply one of the Whitsunday's premier holiday locations. Holidaying at the beautiful Water's Edge Resort 1, 2 or 3 Bedroom Ocean View apartments allows you the best of both worlds. You are within walking distance to the cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach and all that it has to offer as well as being on the door step of the Whitsunday Islands and the pristine waters of the Great Barrier Reef.....the epitome of paradise. Water's Edge Resort exudes style, sophistication and refinement. Professional and personalised service, breathtaking location, exquisite Balinese decor make Water's Edge Resort the perfect choice for a first class Whitsundays holiday. Airlie Beach is the epitome of a beach town, you'll instantly feel the carefree and relaxed attitude emanating from every space. You'll find it in the Airlie Beach Lagoon, a manmade saltwater swimming area surrounded by sand and grassy knolls, where you can lounge away the day in the sun. You'll find it in the beachside parks where afternoon barbeques proliferate and continue into the evening hours and you'll find it in the alfresco dining restaurants where fresh seafood overflows from every dish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your at Water's Edge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waters Edge Hotel Airlie Beach
- Waters Edge Hotel Whitsundays
- Waters Edge Airlie Beach
- At Water's Edge Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands