My wife and I have just returned from our 'Baby Moon' in Airlie Beach.
We were looking for somewhere nice to stay that wasn't over the top price wise. We wanted a nice view, a great pool to relax by and close proximity to all that Airle has to offer (pregnant wives don't want to walk too far)
Water's Edge provided all of the above!
Jeff at reception went above and beyond to help us with everything we needed, the room was a good size and well fitted out with really comfy king sized bed, great couches to lay about on, sunny balcony, flat screen tellie and DVD player.
We cooked a couple of nights in the kitchenette and made lunches and breakfasts which kept our costs down. The other nights we wandered 100 metres to the main strip of restaurants and bars.
The pools were the perfect temperature for cooling off and the sunlounges are comfy enough to sleep on, so be careful!
We loved being able to see the water views from our shower too.
Much of Airlie's accomodation is set high on an extremely steep hill. Water's Edge is at very the base of this hill and let me tell you, i wouldn't have fancied walking an further up. (even without a pregnant wife!)
I would recommend Water's Edge to anyone. It was a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If location, tranquillity and comfort are what you are looking for in holiday accommodation, then Water's Edge Resort apartments are for you. Water's Edge Resort apartments in Airlie Beach, are quietly nestled in the hillside amongst lush tropical gardens, 100 metres from the centre of the bustling cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach. Water's Edge is quite simply one of the Whitsunday's premier holiday locations. Holidaying at the beautiful Water's Edge Resort 1, 2 or 3 Bedroom Ocean View apartments allows you the best of both worlds. You are within walking distance to the cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach and all that it has to offer as well as being on the door step of the Whitsunday Islands and the pristine waters of the Great Barrier Reef.....the epitome of paradise. Water's Edge Resort exudes style, sophistication and refinement. Professional and personalised service, breathtaking location, exquisite Balinese decor make Water's Edge Resort the perfect choice for a first class Whitsundays holiday. Airlie Beach is the epitome of a beach town, you'll instantly feel the carefree and relaxed attitude emanating from every space. You'll find it in the Airlie Beach Lagoon, a manmade saltwater swimming area surrounded by sand and grassy knolls, where you can lounge away the day in the sun. You'll find it in the beachside parks where afternoon barbeques proliferate and continue into the evening hours and you'll find it in the alfresco dining restaurants where fresh seafood overflows from every dish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your at Water's Edge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waters Edge Hotel Airlie Beach
- Waters Edge Hotel Whitsundays
- Waters Edge Airlie Beach
- At Water's Edge Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands