I stayed at a 2 bedroom apartment in mid May 2014.
We found that the reception staff were very welcoming and went out of their way to help us with bookings and printing flight boarding passes. They even texted me while I was out to update me with bookings of attractions.
The room was satisfactory. We noted a lot of scuff marks on the walls. Stickers on the balcony sliding doors reminded us that we needed to lock up for security purposes, which would be all good but the apartment didn't have security screens on the sliding doors, only fly screens, so we had to lock all the glass doors at night despite the gorgeous evening temperatures, leaving only two small windows in the bedrooms for air flow.
Bed comfy enough, the view was good but could have been great if we weren't located behind a nearby palm tree. The pools were nice and the spa good.
Our apartment had noise running through the back of it sounding like marbles down a pipe early in the morning.
The location was the saving grace, only a short walk up the hill from the Main Street, closer than most other reasonable accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If location, tranquillity and comfort are what you are looking for in holiday accommodation, then Water's Edge Resort apartments are for you. Water's Edge Resort apartments in Airlie Beach, are quietly nestled in the hillside amongst lush tropical gardens, 100 metres from the centre of the bustling cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach. Water's Edge is quite simply one of the Whitsunday's premier holiday locations. Holidaying at the beautiful Water's Edge Resort 1, 2 or 3 Bedroom Ocean View apartments allows you the best of both worlds. You are within walking distance to the cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach and all that it has to offer as well as being on the door step of the Whitsunday Islands and the pristine waters of the Great Barrier Reef.....the epitome of paradise. Water's Edge Resort exudes style, sophistication and refinement. Professional and personalised service, breathtaking location, exquisite Balinese decor make Water's Edge Resort the perfect choice for a first class Whitsundays holiday. Airlie Beach is the epitome of a beach town, you'll instantly feel the carefree and relaxed attitude emanating from every space. You'll find it in the Airlie Beach Lagoon, a manmade saltwater swimming area surrounded by sand and grassy knolls, where you can lounge away the day in the sun. You'll find it in the beachside parks where afternoon barbeques proliferate and continue into the evening hours and you'll find it in the alfresco dining restaurants where fresh seafood overflows from every dish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your at Water's Edge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waters Edge Hotel Airlie Beach
- Waters Edge Hotel Whitsundays
- Waters Edge Airlie Beach
- At Water's Edge Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands