We really enjoyed our stay at Waters Edge. The resort has recently been repainted and looks great. The 3 pools are lovely and the view is amazing. It's just a short walk to the Main Street and even though the kitchen and bathroom are a little dated the room was very spacious and well decorated. We had a sun lounger and table setting on our balcony which was the perfect place for an afternoon beer. The only negatives were the gym was very basic and half the equipment was broken although we did see a repairman in there on our last night. There was maintenance being done to the pool huts and whilst I understand this is necessary what I found really annoying was being woken at 6.30am by the use of nail guns. Surely some consideration could have been given to guests who are on holidays and might want a sleep in?! The restaurant is also shut half the week and there is a lack of care to what that looks like on off days. This would be fine but it includes the surrounds of the main pool with chairs stacked and tables stashed haphazardly which took away from the lovely pool area. There were also no sunlounges around the main pool as preference seems to be given to the restaurant. All of this I was happy to forgive as the room and views made up for it but on checkout we were unable to leave our car parked safely for a few hours whilst we did our last tour. Despite advising we would be back by 3pm the hotel owner refused to let us park on the premises or even use the guest parking for that day which we found rather displeasing given we had spent 5 days there. Even if the resort was fully booked checkin doesn't open until 2pm and many guests fly in and don't have vehicles. Surely they could have let us use guest parking? Nope we were told curtly and directed to the street. A little bit of customer service goes a long way but according to some local business owners we vented to this is pretty usual of the owner! Despite all that it really was lovely. The resort could just do with a little refining and step up service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If location, tranquillity and comfort are what you are looking for in holiday accommodation, then Water's Edge Resort apartments are for you. Water's Edge Resort apartments in Airlie Beach, are quietly nestled in the hillside amongst lush tropical gardens, 100 metres from the centre of the bustling cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach. Water's Edge is quite simply one of the Whitsunday's premier holiday locations. Holidaying at the beautiful Water's Edge Resort 1, 2 or 3 Bedroom Ocean View apartments allows you the best of both worlds. You are within walking distance to the cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach and all that it has to offer as well as being on the door step of the Whitsunday Islands and the pristine waters of the Great Barrier Reef.....the epitome of paradise. Water's Edge Resort exudes style, sophistication and refinement. Professional and personalised service, breathtaking location, exquisite Balinese decor make Water's Edge Resort the perfect choice for a first class Whitsundays holiday. Airlie Beach is the epitome of a beach town, you'll instantly feel the carefree and relaxed attitude emanating from every space. You'll find it in the Airlie Beach Lagoon, a manmade saltwater swimming area surrounded by sand and grassy knolls, where you can lounge away the day in the sun. You'll find it in the beachside parks where afternoon barbeques proliferate and continue into the evening hours and you'll find it in the alfresco dining restaurants where fresh seafood overflows from every dish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your at Water's Edge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waters Edge Hotel Airlie Beach
- Waters Edge Hotel Whitsundays
- Waters Edge Airlie Beach
- At Water's Edge Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands