“Good locaction”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Airlie Beach
surrey
“Good locaction”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2008

We stayed at the Airlie Beach hotel for 2 nights in Feb 2008, after sailing around the Whitsundays. We had pre arranged our trip to the Whitsundays but there are many opportunities to arrange one whilst in Airlie beach – either through the hotel or near by travel agents.

The room was spacious, well equipped and clean with a large bathroom. Our room looked over the beach, with some great views. The hotel is set back from the main high street on which there are many bars, restaurants and take away shops to meet all budgets and tastes.

We ate in Casper’s and Cactus Jacks, both served good food and reasonably priced although service in Cactus Jack’s was not as good as Casper’s.

It was not possible to swim in the sea because of Jelly fish but there is a public lagoon area at the other end of town (5-10 mins walk) and the hotel has a private swimming pool which was very peaceful and we were often the only ones there.

Airlie Beach was an idea location for us to spend a couple of days relaxing by the pool but there is not much else to do unless you go to the Whitsundays (which we would defiantly recommend).

• Liked — location to Whitsundays and peaceful atmosphere
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mm29

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2008

Let me start off by saying there weren't that many options when I was booking in Airlie Beach, and I may be biased because I hated this leg of my trip to Oz. We stayed for one night, and then went on an overnight sailing, then stayed another night at the hotel. Airlie Beach itself leaves much to be desired - or at least the strip we were on. I have to say, I really didn't like the hotel. Maybe I was just being picky - as my boyfriend thought it was "fine." The staff was friendly...I had a question about a tour pick-up and they were very helpful in trying to figure out a solution, and were very efficient in correcting a billing error I noticed after my return home (they double-charged for a room night).

Other than that, I thought the rooms were kind of shabby; they were "neat," but I wouldn't go so far as saying they were very clean...one of the rooms we were in definitely had some issues as it was more than evident the housekeeping crew dumped an entire canister of carpet deodorizer in our room - which, did NOT help. The location was good – we went to an Italian restaurant on the promenade one night for dinner, Mexican Cantina for lunch another day, and hung out at Magnums (the crowd there is very diverse and entertaining!).

I can’t say I would choose this as my first choice, but if I had to stay there again for a night, I could suck it up.

Just an FYI – Airlie Beach Hotel management company owns most of the restaurants, etc. in the area, so if you get a few "Airlie Beach Hotel" charges you don't recognize, it may be a restaurant or bottle shop charge.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank J1821
Lichfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2008

Without doubt the best hotel in Airlie Beach. Location superb ample off road parking. very good bars and restaurants, I would recommend this hotel to anyone..

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeffsoo1
Oslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2007

Airlie beach hotel has a motel with real hotel standards. We just wanted a quite reasonable place to sleep after out sailing trip and before leaving the next morning for a early flight from Hamilton Island. After checking a few B&B's that were full and overpriced, we landed on the motel section of Arilie beach hotel, stated to be basic in standard, but turned out to be quite modern and well equiped. We checked our luggage in prior to departing on our sailing trip, days ahead of our booked night. Nothing was charged for this, and we were even lent complimentary towles from the hotel to bring on the trip. Back from the boat, we found a delicious room, with a huge bathroom, nice AC, fridge with cold water and cold glasses in it, a water boiler and an iron. The hotel also offers their own coin operated washing machines and dryers on their premises.

Friendly staff and nice relaxed atmosphere. Great bed.

Busses to Shute harboar leaved from just outside the hotel connecting to all departing transfer-ferries connected to all departing flights from Hamilton Island airport.

Only dissapointment was the connected 'award winning' restaurant 'Capers'. I guess we should have leaned that 'award winning' means stay away.

• Liked — Modern, clean and afforable
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2007

A great, clean hotel. I stayed in the motel part but it was a great deal for what I got. The room was huge and clean. It is in a great part of Airlie beach, although it is a little far from the Lagoon. But in this town, that only means a 10-15 min walk. Some of the staff were not great, but the hotel itself is a great place to stay, especially considering the other options I saw in Airlie Beach.

• Liked — Location and comfort
  • Disliked — Distance from lagoon
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank JoRoss365
Washington DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2007

Of all the hotels I stayed at in Australia, this was the only one that disppointed. The location -- right in downtown Airlie Beach -- was great, but the hotel interior was dated and run-down, and the staff was fairly unaccomodating, although generally friendly about their unwillingness to help us out.

If you expect this to be much nicer than a standard, basic motel, you are going to be disappointed. If you're looking for quality accomodation, the hotels and resorts in the Whitsundays are probably more promising.

• Stayed August 2007
3 Thank DCTraveler_08
North West
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

Asbolutely loved this hotel! The staff were friendly, it had a luggage store (free of charge) for when we went on a 3 days boat trip. The rooms and beds are spacious, and views are great - try and ask for an ocean view on 3rd floor if possible! There are 3 restaurants close to the hotel which are afilliated with them and are reasonably priced with massive meals! Airlie Beach is lovely, and it was well worth paying $179 per night for this lovely hotel. It was very clean, fresh towels each day with a tv and hairdryer in each room. Best hotel we stayed in in 3 weeks!

• Liked — the location and views and cleanliness
  • Disliked — truthfully nothing - really couldn't fault a thing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
Peppers Airlie Beach
Peppers Airlie Beach
#10 of 54 in Airlie Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,044 reviews

Been to Airlie Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!