First, many thanks to the reviewers here on TripAdvisor, as that is how we found Boathaven Spa Resort. All the reviews are accurate and we’re happy to add to the good news.
The hotel is located across the street from the new marina, just around the corner from the main part of town. When the work on the marina is done, the location will be excellent. It’s just a 5 minute walk into town (and a bottle shop is one of the first businesses you come to) and far enough out to be away from the lively nightlife of the town, but not so far as you can’t be in the middle of it in a few minutes.
We were just getting off a sailboat after 5 days, so were thrilled to find out our king spa suite was ready for us around noon. The room is very large, it’s clean and the bed is quite comfortable. We were happy to have laundry facilities in the room, as we had a lot to wash. There is one complimentary package of washing powder and more can be purchased for A$1 from the front desk. Kelli was as accommodating and friendly as everyone else here has noted.
There is a flat screen TV and DVD player in the living room, a fully equipped kitchen, a clock radio, a toaster and an electric tea kettle. I was happy to find a blow dyer in the bathroom.
We enjoyed the private spa on the balcony one evening, sipping a bottle of champagne from the afore-mentioned bottle shop. The spa isn’t quite private enough to skinny dip in during the day, although with lights off in the unit, you’ll be fine at night. We paid A$200 a night for the suite and it seemed a fair price for the location and amenities. Having the laundry meant a lot!
On property there are coin laundry facilities, as well as a pool, a large spa, a gym and a barbecue area. There is parking and there is an elevator. We were VERY happy we did not stay in any of the resorts up the hill. That is a VERY steep hill!! We prefered the 5-7 minute walk and not having to navigate anything steeper than the driveway of the resort.
One morning we had to get up early for a dive trip so we purchased the A$9 breakfast pack from Kelli the night before. The pricing is pretty much in line with what you’ll find in town. It included milk, cereal, coffee and tea, orange juice, an English muffin, butter and jam. The day we left our flight was late in the day and Kelli could only give us a late check-out until 11:30 a.m. as they were going to be full that night. She happily kept our bags for us all day. When we returned to the resort, we were able to hang out by the pool for awhile before the coach came to take us to the airport.
All in all, we'll be happy to come back to Boathaven Spa Resort should we find ourselves in Airlie Beach again. I happily and confidently recommend it to you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Perfect Airlie Beach Accommodation Destination! at Boathaven Spa Resort is located just 250 metres from Airlie Beach, and it is less than a 5 minute leisurely stroll to all the restaurants, cafe's, cocktail bars, shops, boutiques, markets and famous Airlie Beach Lagoon. Every room has free wifi, a balcony with views over the Port of Airlie, the Coral Sea or Boathaven Bay. All apartments are air-conditioned, have ceiling fans, full kitchens or kitchenettes and ensuite bathrooms. Some rooms feature romantics spa's on the balcony. The resort offers a large lagoon style swimming pool, complete with tropical waterfall. We offer a sun deck with sun loungers, BBQ area to enjoy with family or friends, complimentary parking, self service laundry facilities, foxtel movies, foxtel sports, free Wi-Fi is available. With the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach and Heart Reef on your doorstep, why not book a tour with our tour desk team, we offer great local knowledge, service and we will arrange complimentary pick up and drop off at the resort to maximise your day tour experience. We look forward to welcoming you PLEASE NOTE : For the enjoyment of all guests, Boathaven Spa Resort enforces a strict NO PARTY POLICY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your at Boathaven Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathaven Hotel Airlie Beach
- Boathaven Resort Airlie Beach
- At Boathaven Spa Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands