The decision was easy to stay here due to the fantastic photos online and a few good reviews. When we arrived it was a different story, Kelly was not the most polite, when we arrived in our 3 bedroom penthouse we were excited, until we went to open the blinds to look at our view and they were all broken, one had cords dangling that my 2 year old really seemed to enjoy finding before me. I called down to Kelly who 'didn't know they were broken' and then said she would send maintenance up, we did not see maintenance once in our 6 night stay and I spoke to reception multiple times, apparently the owner of the apartment had to organize repair. I was further disappointed that night when we went to cook dinner and had to re wash every plate, knife, fork, spoon in the entire apartment as they had left over food on them and were extremely sticky (guessing in part that it was because the dishwasher was FILTHY), there were ants everywhere and were continuous during our stay. The spa out on the balcony was filled with gecko poo and dead butterflies (would it be hard for it to be rinsed it out before our arrival?) When we booked the room it was advertised that they had austar television, apparently not, the movies had been cancelled so there was only sports and a few other random channels, not fun when there was no dvd player in the main living area and a stay of 6 nights. We went to do a load of washing on our 3rd day there, popped it into the drier and it never dried a thing, we had to hang everything all over the room (not pleasant to see your undies hanging while eating) there were no clothes drying racks. When reception staff were informed of the broken drier they once again claimed to not know about it and then said that the maintenance person would be sent up, once again the maintenance person was a no show. Over all it was a very disappointing stay and when we spoke to Kelly about this we were told that we had the room for half price so there. If I knew I would get half price service and a below half price room would we have stayed somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Perfect Airlie Beach Accommodation Destination! at Boathaven Spa Resort is located just 250 metres from Airlie Beach, and it is less than a 5 minute leisurely stroll to all the restaurants, cafe's, cocktail bars, shops, boutiques, markets and famous Airlie Beach Lagoon. Every room has free wifi, a balcony with views over the Port of Airlie, the Coral Sea or Boathaven Bay. All apartments are air-conditioned, have ceiling fans, full kitchens or kitchenettes and ensuite bathrooms. Some rooms feature romantics spa's on the balcony. The resort offers a large lagoon style swimming pool, complete with tropical waterfall. We offer a sun deck with sun loungers, BBQ area to enjoy with family or friends, complimentary parking, self service laundry facilities, foxtel movies, foxtel sports, free Wi-Fi is available. With the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach and Heart Reef on your doorstep, why not book a tour with our tour desk team, we offer great local knowledge, service and we will arrange complimentary pick up and drop off at the resort to maximise your day tour experience. We look forward to welcoming you PLEASE NOTE : For the enjoyment of all guests, Boathaven Spa Resort enforces a strict NO PARTY POLICY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your at Boathaven Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathaven Hotel Airlie Beach
- Boathaven Resort Airlie Beach
- At Boathaven Spa Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands