We have visited this resort once before and it was quite pleasant. Well we certainly didn't have any issues with playing music inside our room... The second time we went we were once and once only warned for playing their "sony surround sound theatre system" too loudly from inside the living room before being evicted onto orchid drive in the middle of the night.
A security guard gave us an inital warning and instructions to turn the theatre system down, which we did, only to be followed by another visit 10 minutes later by 2 security guards ordering us to leave the premise immediately. Two police men shortly followed and before we knew it we there was a small army outside our door for apparently playing the theatre system too loudly on "one" occasion.
We were instructed to come back in 6 hours time (8:30am) when we could retrieve our car and items and go home. This occurred on the first night we were there so we didnt even get to sleep in our beds whilst paying the resort $650. The initial complainers of the noise were of strong asain decent as were the male caretaker at the time. Whether these similarites had any affect on his decision is obviously 'unkown'. Sadly enough it was my partners birthday at the time as well.
Me and my partner initially thought this cruel order was a joke yet we were soon to be sludging ourselves on the dirty warm gutters of the nearby street for 6 hours. The caretakers (a middle aged blonde woman and a half asian male) were so infused with our apparent disrespect and abuse (musical abuse) that they were wandering the nearby parking lots and resorts with torches demanding we stay 50 metres from their resort and even off the property of a resort which wasn't even under their ownership.
Our presence on their nearby street must of only infuriated them even more becasue they continued to ring the police, god knows why, implying that we we're tresspassing on their beloved resort, when we were actually sitting outside the toscana resort next door... Both me and my partner were mortified of how uncaring, unpassionate and unreasonable there caretakers were. Perhaps they had just had a bad day, who knows. Either way they sure did spoil our holiday... One other downside of the mediterranean resort is the long horribly steep driveway and car ports. Getting a manual car into the drive way almost meant burning out the clutch and the thought of getting a 4wd in there would be anything other than possible....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mediterranean Resort offers affordable luxury in self contained 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas, honeymoon suites or a choice of 3 or 4 bedroom penthouses.The private balconies and spacious apartments offer unsurpassed views across the Coral Sea and the magnificent Whitsunday Islands.The resort facilities include 2 private saltwater pools both with outstanding views, a spa in which to refresh and all only 300m from the centre of Airlie Beach.The Whitsundays really is the epitome of Paradise, and Mediterranean Resorts is in the heart of it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Mediterranean Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Hotel Airlie Beach
- Mediterranean Resort Airlie Beach
- Mediterranean Resorts Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands